New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

While Traveling

While Traveling

Register with your Consulate

U.S. Citizens:
Register with your local US Consulate or Embassy.

  • SmartTraveler: iOS app with locations and contact of US Embassies and Consulates abroad.
  • If you don't have a smart phone, call the Office of Overseas Citizens services at 011-202-501-4444 for emergencies. The embassy's American Citizens Services unit can print an emergency passport for you.

International Travelers:
Register with your home country's Consulate or Embassy upon arrival in your destination country.

Emergency Information

In addition to contacting local authorities, for overseas emergencies call NYU’s Department of Public Safety in New York at 011-212-998-2222. Public Safety regularly assists with international emergencies.

Info Alert: NYU has a website to provide updates on and detailed information about University operations when major events occur:

In the event the problem is medical or wellness related, the Crisis Response Counselor (CRC) on duty will be contacted. Each NYU Academic site has Health and Safety information posted on their page:

NYU Traveler

All members of the NYU community should use NYU Traveler to book their travel or register travel plans made through other means.

Travel Advisories and Warnings

Please visit Travel.State.Gov to learn of any travel advisories or warnings for your destination country.


Outbound Services

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST

Self-directed traveler self-service
tax information

The self-directed traveler, self service tax information page will provide a "self-service" source of information where individuals can obtain basic information on the tax system of the country they are traveling to and what triggers a tax filing and payment in that location.

Read more

NYU Footer