New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

While Traveling

While Traveling

Register with your Consulate

U.S. Citizens:
Register with your local US Consulate or Embassy. A list of US Embassies around the world can be found at

  • SmartTraveler: The US Department of State has created an iPhone app with locations and contact information of all US Embassies and Consulates abroad. You can download the app for free through iTunes.
  • If you don't have a smart phone, call the Office of Overseas Citizens services at 001-202-501-4444 for emergenices. The embassy's American Citizens Services unit can print an emergency passport for you.

International Travelers:
Register with your home country's Consulate or Embassy upon arrival in your destination country.

Cultural Awareness Resources

GlobeSmart is a web-based cultural awareness training tool providing a quick and easy access to extensive knowledge on how to engage in intercultural communication more effectively with people from countries around the world.
What is GlobeSmart, what can it do, and how do I get started?

  • Get started by visiting:
  • Register using your NYU NetID email address (you must use your or email address only)
  • Click the GlobeSmart Quick Launch or navigate to the Tools tab

*NOTE: GlobeSmart provides information for travel to all of NYU’s global locations, except for NYU Accra in Ghana. Travelers journeying to NYU Accra or other locations in Ghana can find similar information through Living Abroad.

Living Abroad is an online tool that provides comprehensive cultural and travel information for Ghana. To use the Living Abroad tool, simply complete the Living Abroad Access Form. NYU-Poly community members should contact for access.

Mobility Services

Mobility information coming soon.

NYU Traveler

NYU Traveler is a web-based portal linked to NYU's travel safety service, Worldcue. All members of the NYU community should use this site to either make your travel arrangements or register travel plans made through other means. Please remember to book and/or register all NYU-related travel with NYU Traveler.

Travel Advisories and Warnings

Please visit Travel.State.Gov to learn of any travel advisories or warnings for your destination country.

Contact Us

Outbound Immigration & Mobility Services

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm EST

Self-directed traveler self-service
tax information

The self-directed traveler, self service tax information page will provide a "self-service" source of information where individuals can obtain basic information on the tax system of the country they are traveling to and what triggers a tax filing and payment in that location.

Read more

NYU Footer