Maintain TN Status
These are the steps every TN scholar must follow in order to maintain legal status while in the U.S
1. Make sure immigration documents are valid and unexpired:
- A passport valid at least six months into the future
- An I-94 arrival/departure record that is not expired, marked with TN
- For Canadian citizens only: Keep a copy of $50 fee payment receipt for TN status for future re-entry into the U.S.
- For Mexican citizens only: A valid TN visa is needed for travel and re-entry into the U.S. However, a TN visa may be expired while remaining in the U.S.
- A valid I-797 Approval Notice (if a petition was filed with USCIS)
2. Update local address within 10 days of a move.
It is the TN scholar’s responsibility to keep USCIS apprised of her/his current residence in the U.S. Within ten days of a move, scholars must report the change of address to USCIS using form AR-11.