New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation


H1-B Extensions

H-1B extensions are initiated through departmental request to OGS Scholar Services. Extensions can be submitted to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as early as six months in advance of the begin date of the extension. Scholar Services monitors extensions, but it is a good idea for you to remind your department administrator as well. An employee for whom an H-1B extension petition is filed with the USCIS in a timely manner, i.e., before the end date of the current petition, may continue to work for 240 days while the case is pending.

NYU Footer