Planning Your Trip
Have an idea of sites you want to visit and things you want to do during your trip. Do some research on travel blogs and communities. You should ask friends and family who have traveled before about places they enjoyed the most. Read through site-specific guide books like Lonely Planet, Let's Go, Rough Guide, Rick Steves, or Frommers.
Book all travel far in advance. However, do not book anything until after the first week of classes. You may find there are NYU-sponsored trips already in place.
Some helpful sites:
- Kayak - This is a great site that compares all the current deals in the market.
- Sky Scanner - A flight amalgam offering information for various location.
- Air Gorilla - A flight amalgam, similar to Kayak.
- Euro Flight Pass - This discount flight pass allows you to fly from city to city within Europe for $100 each way. For odd cities, this is a great price and probably the cheapest you will find.
- Rumbo - Spanish-version of Kayak
- Student Universe - Student fares for flights, hotels, etc.
- Sky Europe - This site has a sale sometimes for free flights and all you pay is taxes. Keep an eye out for those.