All NYU in London students are required to live in NYUL housing. Housing costs are in addition to tuition and fees. There is no meal plan. Students prepare meals in the apartment kitchens or eat out at the numerous restaurants in the nearby neighborhood.
For the upcoming academic year, students studying at NYU in London will be offered the following housing options:
- Two newly refurbished residences operated by NYU in London
- Housing provided for NYU in London by UNITE (not available for Freshman students)
All residences are located in the Bloomsbury area of London, a short walk away from the NYU in London Academic Centre.
All students are required to live in the housing provided. This is a condition of participation / enrolment in the programme.
HOUSING APPLICATION & ALLOCATION PROCESS
NYU in London staff will always endeavour to accommodate student preferences; however, due to space limitations, students may be placed in any of the housing possibilities offered regardless of preferences.
Enrolled students will complete an online Housing Form, stating any preferences, prior to arriving in London. Housing allocations will be sent to each student via their NYU email address at least one week before the semester begins.
NYU in London managed residences:
NYU in London manages two newly renovated residences - Byron Court and Guilford Street. Both are approximately 15-20 minutes walk away from the NYUL academic center in Bedford Square.
Apartments are single-sex. They contain between 2 and 3 bedrooms, shared by between 4 and 9 students in a combination of twin, triple and quadruple rooms. There are shared bathroom facilities with at least one shower (not baths) within each apartment.
Each apartment differs slightly in terms of layout and facilities. Apartments will be cleaned regularly.
Students can prepare meals in the apartment kitchens or eat out at the numerous restaurants in the nearby neighbourhood. Apartments contain fully furnished kitchens, with a shared refrigerator / freezer, oven, stove, kettle and a microwave, as well as dishes, cutlery, pots / pans and utensils.
Each student will have their own single bed, bureau, desk and chair. Bed linens are provided (one fitted sheet, a duvet / comforter, a duvet / comforter cover, a pillow and pillow case per bed). Towels are not provided.
Wireless Internet in the buildings can be accessed in the apartments and communal areas. Apartments have both heating and air-conditioning. Utilities included in the room rate include gas, water, heat and electric.
All housing facilities and areas, including bedrooms, will be strictly non-smoking.
Bedroom options within shared apartments
- Standard bedrooms are twins, and triples.
- There are also some quadruple bedrooms.
- A very limited number of single rooms are available. Priority will be given to students who submit documentation of their medical need for this accommodation to NYU’s Moses Center for Students With Disabilities, and receive authorisation. Should you wish to apply for a single room for any other reason, please provide any supporting information relating to your need for a single room (if any) on your housing form.
Communal facilities & Residential Staff
- The residences also feature communal areas for study and leisure, and on-site laundry facilities. Communal areas are no the same within the two NYU in London managed residences.
- A residence manager is on-site as well as residential life staff providing advice, guidance, support, and residential life activities.
- There is also 24-hour security staff, as well as a controlled, electronic entry system and CCTV.
NYU in London and affiliated housing providers shall not be liable or otherwise responsible in any way in the unlikely event of loss of, or damage to, any personal property belonging to students. Taking out additional personal property insurance is strongly recommended.