Always pack lightly! Make room for souvenirs and other random purchases!
- Backpacker bags and/or duffel bags may be easier for travel, especially jumping on local transportation. If you use a bag on wheels, it may be better to use a small suitcase, instead of a large one.
- Book bag for weekend trips and groceries.
- Adapters & Converters (We suggest a global converter so that you can use it no matter where you go)
- Travel alarm clock.
- Any medication you need.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Toiletries – the brands are different here and some things can be expensive.
- Measuring cups if you like to cook (especially if you are not used to the metric system.)
You DO NOT NEED to bring:
- Guidebooks - The NYU library has a travel book on just about everywhere you might go.
- Towels, pillows and sheets – NYU provides these items in the dorms.
- Ladies - You'll be running around London, so leave the heels behind.
If you plan on traveling:
- Flip flops for the hostel showers.
- Towels for the hostels.
- Locks (some people felt they needed a lock for their bag).
- Do not pack new clothes for every day of your trip!
- Do not bring valuables that you do not need!
Also do not forget your Passport!!