The position of Student Life Administrator (SLA) is a full-time position at NYU Berlin’s academic center, located in the Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg. NYU Berlin enrolls about 90 American and other international students of diverse academic background every semester and offers courses in German language and literature, art and architecture, sociology, politics, studio art, history, environmental studies, and in other fields. The SLA works with the Assistant Director for Student Life at NYU Berlin to provide administrative support for a wide range of services and programming for enrolled students. She/he supervises all required formalities with the city of Berlin, Humboldt University, and the Berlin Foreigners’ Office to allow NYU Berlin students a successful academic tenure.
• Work permit for Germany and university degree required; M.A. preferred.
• Fluency in German and English (spoken as well as written).
• Well-developed understanding of German culture and the city of Berlin.
• Previous experience living, working or studying abroad (preferably in the U.S.).
• Experience in student services, university administration.
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact confidently with students, parents, faculty and high-level administrators.
• Writing experience, particularly prior work producing handouts, newsletters and brochures.
• A confident public speaker, comfortable addressing groups of up to 100 people.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Flexibility in scheduling.
• IT and social media proficiency including website maintenance skills.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference to: Gabriella Etmektsoglou (email@example.com) and Linn Friedrichs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadline: January 13, 2014
Preferred Start Date: February 3, 2014
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: NYU Berlin