NYU Berlin is seeking a highly qualified Clinical Psychologist to provide clinical assessment, short-term psychotherapy, group therapy, and crisis intervention to the student population at NYU Berlin (Berlin Germany). This position requires being available for 24 hour emergency on-call coverage
The Clinical Psychologist, NYU Berlin will also:
• Build close working relationships with external mental health providers (including psychiatrists) and other medical professionals from whom NYU Berlin students seek care
• Liaise with faculty and administrators to best serve the mental health needs of NYU Berlin students
• Establish policies and procedures related to the provision of mental health services in Berlin in consultation with the Director of Counseling & Wellness based in New York
• Work with other student affairs professionals at NYU Berlin who are responsible for other aspects of student health including ensuring immunization compliance of the NYU Berlin student population
• Create and deliver health promotion and orientation programming related to health and mental health at NYU Berlin
• Manage students questions related to their global health insurance and liaise with insurance vendor representatives
• Participate on NYU committees as appropriate
The Clinical Psychologist, NYU Berlin may:
• Oversee psychology externs
• Provide clinical and administrative supervision to doctoral psychology externs, social workers and postdoctoral psychology fellows
• Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
• The ideal candidate will possess 3 years' post-doctoral clinical experience with some experience supervising postdoctoral and doctoral clinicians and/or other counseling staff members
• Experience with diverse adolescent or college population, including but not limited to, alcohol and other drugs and eating disorders as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Appropriate licensure/clinical credentials. Ability to work in Berlin, Germany and obtain appropriate work authorization. Ability to be on-call overnights and weekends as needed.
• Fluency in English
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• European Union/German citizenship
• Clinical Experience working in the United States
• Fluency in German
To officially apply for this exciting role, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the Clinical Psychologist position at NYU Berlin.