It is easy to travel throughout Ghana for a weekend or just a day!
- Ada - Very beautiful and interesting, many people on the program went with groups to stay on the beach overnight. [tro-tro, bus]
- Bead market with Uncle' Joe's class - Amazing and the cheapest place to get beads or jewelry. [tro-tro, taxi]
- Cape Coast - Stay at a beautiful beach resort for very little money, and then travel to Elmina slave castle and go to the Kakum National Park and canopy walkway on your way back. This trip was beautiful and offered an amazing look at Ghanaian culture. [bus, chartered or shared taxi]
- Kokrobite - A fun and really cheap beach stay [tro-tro]
- Tema - Travel to see the ports. [tro-tro, bus]
- Takoradi - Scenic beaches rarely found by tourists. [tro-tro or bus]
Book all travel far in advance. However, do not book anything until after the first week of classes. You may find there are NYU-sponsored trips already in place.