New York University has created a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world-- NYU Abu Dhabi-- combining the best of a research university education with the advantages of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai form the backbone of a fully interconnected Global Network University. NYU Abu Dhabi, as a major portal campus of the University, establishes a powerful environment for faculty and students to access the NYU global network and contributes to the ambitious trajectory of Abu Dhabi as an entrepreneurial capital of ideas and talents. Students earning their degree in NYU New York or NYU Shanghai may now experience Abu Dhabi for a semester, a year, or January Term course.
What’s Unique about Studying Away at NYU Abu Dhabi?
• NYUAD is a portal campus. It offers a four-year degree program in 24 majors in the sciences,social sciences, humanities, arts, and engineering.
• You may choose from over 350 courses in AY 13-14 and 400 courses in AY 14-15.
• The student body is very internationally diverse: In AY 13-14 you will join 600 students from over 100 countries and in AY 14-15, NYUAD will have over 800 students from even more countries.
• Juniors and seniors can readily take upper division courses in their majors at NYUAD
• NYUAD has small classes, averaging less than 10 students. The faculty to student ratio will never be greater than 1:8.
• NYUAD has state of the art laboratories for science and engineering. It has an experimental laboratory for economics.
• In AY 14-15 at the new Saadiyat campus, NYUAD will also have beautiful art studios, performance spaces, a black box, music rooms, and exhibition spaces.
• You can join over fifty student clubs and organizations at NYUAD
• NYUAD has a full offering of athletic and fitness programs.
• NYUAD has a strong emphasis on undergraduate research. All NYUAD seniors complete a year-long capstone research project.
• You may use the NYUAD Career Development Center to obtain an on- or off-campus internship (unpaid) in Abu Dhabi.
• You may use the NYUAD Health and Wellness Center, which offers full medical and counseling services.
• The NYUAD campus is fully secured and provides the same high standards of safety services as NYU in New York.
Academic Calendar: Fall/ Winter Session/ Spring
Credits: Typically 16 NYU credits per semester.
Faculty and Staff: Over 200 NYUAD faculty and staff
Student Body: 600 students
Housing: Furnished residence hall
Meals: Full meal plan
Language of Instruction: English
Local Currency: The UAE Dirham
Population of Abu Dhabi: 1.2 million