HR Report Requests
HR Data Request Form
The HR Data Request Form should be submitted by a user for any of the following requests:
- A special report containing data that is not currently available through the HR Standard reports, the HR Ad-hoc reporting tool, or any of the legacy eReports.
- A change to any of the HR Standard reports or a request for a new report
- A change to an existing extract or a request for a new data extract that will be used to load data into another system
Although there are other administrative systems that contain limited HR data, those systems are not authorized to disseminate HR data beyond the original purpose that was approved. HR data should only be sourced from the HR Reporting environment.
Any special requests for HR data from other systems (such as the NYU Registry) must be approved by the Vice President of Human Resources.
1. All requests for HR data or creation of special reports or extracts must be sent to the HR Applications and Project department. All requests must have the approval of the requesting department’s appropriate Vice President, Director, or appropriate senior management or administrator, and provide the following:
- The use/purpose of the data requested
- A description as to the duration of use, where, and who will be given access
- All requested supporting information
2. Requests should be completed using the HR Data Request Form. Once a requester completes the form and gets the necessary approvals, the request should be routed as stated in the form.
3. The HR Reporting team will:
- Respond within 48 hours to confirm receipt. Requests for special reports or data extracts will be given an estimated time for completion once the report requirements have been reviewed.
- Escalate the request to the Vice President of Human Resources if necessary.
- Inform the requester once a decision has been made. Requests for special reports or data extracts will be given an estimated time for completion once the report requirements have been reviewed.
4. All requestors must ensure the following:
- The information provided will only be used for the approved purpose, the report or data will be stored securely, and that unauthorized access to the data will be prevented.
- Data received by electronic file, hardcopy data, and copies made from hardcopy data must be destroyed appropriately once the data or report is no longer needed.