For 2012, the cap is $179,700. The US Department of Health and Human Services salary cap is updated annually. The salary cap is not limited to the National Institute of Health only. For detailed information on current or past salary caps, please visit the DHHS website.
The Salary Cap Calculator has a template which shows the basic logic of rate-of-pay methodology. This methodology is required for compliance with the over-the-cap regulations. Here are a few things to consider when using the calculator:
- The calculator template shows the calculation for one month only. Additional months may be needed depending on your individual situation.
- In the example tab, jobs and retro adjustments are shown. You may have more or fewer jobs and adjustments than shown. Additional lines may be needed, as appropriate.
- Appointments, and the subsequent DHHS Salary Cap analyses and T&E Certifications, must reflect payments in the periods that effort was expended.
- A recalculation of the over-the-cap analysis is necessary whenever there is a change in the appointment distribution.
Any questions or concerns regarding cap administration should be addressed to Sponsored Programs Administration:
- Michael Miller - email@example.com, 8-2832
- Teresa Maryniak - firstname.lastname@example.org, 8-2941
- Joanne Goldstein - email@example.com, 8-2704