Selecting any type of physician is a very personal process. It can however be especially challenging when you are expecting a new baby, are in the midst of a move, and are making a selection for a new health insurance program.
Here is a list of ideas to help identify a pediatrician (or other physician) and the names of some pediatricians utilized by some NYU faculty members and other community members.
- Seek a referral from your current physician.
- Ask colleagues at your workplace for their recommendations.
- Utilize the Physician Referral Service offered by the NYU Medical Center on the web or speak with a referral specialist by phone (888-769-8633).
If you decide to use the on-line search feature, choose your Medical Specialty (Pediatrics). You can also screen
further by specifying which medical plan you will use,
languages spoken and gender of physician. There are a
fair number of doctors who specialize in "General Pediatrics."
- If you have selected a medical plan, search for doctors using
their site-specific search engine.
- Review the information provided by New York Magazine in their
annual Best Doctors issue
- Other search engines are available through the websites of
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Board of Pediatrics.
Sampling of Local Pediatricians or Group Practices Used by NYU Faculty Members
The following are the names of some pediatricians or pediatric group practices
used by a number of faculty and others in the Washington Square community:
LaGuardia Place Pediatrics
Vicki Papadeus, M.D. and Cheryl Wu, M.D.
505 LaGuardia Place (between Bleecker and Houston)
Soho Pediatric Group
New York, New York 10012
with offices in Manhattan (Chelsea, Tribeca, and the Upper East Side), Brooklyn (Boerum Hill, Fort Greene, Park Slope, Williamsburg), and New Jersey (Jersey City).
Pediatric Associates of New York City, PC
with offices in Manhttan and Brooklyn
Dr. Elihu (Eli) Sussman
24 East 12th Street