The Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CAT) offers NYU faculty a variety of teaching-focused programs and services. Learn more about our programs and services below.
TeachTalks: The Office of the Provost and NYU IT are producing a series of pedagogy videos, or "TeachTalks," for global instructors. Each TeachTalk features an NYU instructor discussing topics such as active learning, teaching with technology, and incorporating local resources into courses. As they become available, videos will be posted below and on NYU's Opportunities for Global Site-Based Faculty page.
- Active Learning (Trace Jordan; Director, Foundations of Scientific Inquiry)
- Teaching in an International Classroom (Ulrich Baer; Vice Provost/Faculty of Arts and Science)
- Teaching with Social Media (Jin Montclare; Tandon School of Engineering)
- Utilizing the Global Sites (Victoria Kiechel; NYU Washington, DC)
- Teaching in Depth: Student Engagement in the Seminar (Philip Kunhardt; Distinguished Scholar in Residence in the Humanities, College of Arts and Science)
- How to Communicate Research (Marisa Carrasco-Queijeiro; Faculty of Arts and Science)
Accommodation is a triptych about the ways in which people with a spectrum of abilities can succeed in the university community. Each film is a personal story that focuses on ability, accomplishment, and hard-earned achievement, furthering understanding of universal design and modeling inclusion, accessibility, and peer-to-peer interaction.
(Source: http://www.welcomechange.org/films/accommodation/ )
SPECIAL EVENT: Tech-Enhanced Education Event - Fall 2017
From Islands to Archipelago: Discovering Connections Across Faculty Experiences with Educational Technology
Please join us for the fall 2017 NYU Technology Enhanced Education event, which will take place on Thursday, November 2, 11:30am–4:00pm in the Eisner Lubin Auditorium (4th floor, Kimmel Center). The title of this event is “From Islands to Archipelago: Discovering Connections across Faculty Experiences with Educational Technology.” NYU faculty and instructional technologists will be on hand to discuss successes and challenges in using technology for teaching, learning, and research. Learn More...