New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

University Benefits

Benefit Plans and Services

The Benefits Office of the Human Resources Division provides information about the benefit plans and services available to faculty members, members of the professional research staffs, and administrative and professional staff members. All requests for information and questions concerning benefits and related matters should be addressed to the New York University Benefits Office located at Washington Square. See the NYU Public Directory for contact information, and further information can be found online.

(School of Medicine faculty should contact their Benefits Office; see the NYU Medical Center Telephone Directory for contact information).

Housing for Faculty

University-owned housing is allocated to faculty and staff in order to enhance the academic life at New York University. Nearby housing helps to create a feeling of campus by bringing faculty, staff, and students together. It supports the academic mission of the University by increasing accessibility of faculty members to their students, their colleagues, and their research tools. Specific University policies govern the allocation of housing. Any questions should be addressed through the individual school Dean’s Offices.

Service Recognition Awards

Faculty will receive service recognition gifts upon completion of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 years of full-time service to the University. The University will also present a certificate to every member of the faculty who has given 25 years of full- and/or part-time service to the University.

Travel Policies

Information about University policies and guidelines concerning travel and reimbursement rates can be obtained from the Office of the Controller (see the NYU Public Directory for contact information).

Releasing Employment Information

Faculty members wishing to have information about their status at the University officially transmitted to persons or institutions outside the University should apply to the Office of Academic Appointments, in order to execute the required consent form (see the NYU Public Directory for contact information).

NYU Footer