NYU full-time employees and retirees and their families have access to an exciting benefit from Health Advocate, Inc., the nation’s leading independent healthcare advocacy and assistance company. Health Advocate is an independent company made up of nurses, doctors, claims specialists, social workers, etc., who can help you navigate the intricacies of the healthcare system. This service is provided at no cost to you and is available to you, your spouse, your dependents, parents and parents-in-law regardless of whether or not you are covered by one of NYU’s benefit plans!
Some examples of the reasons to call Health Advocate are:
- To identify and make appointments to see the appropriate physician or hospital for an illness.
- To review your current benefit plan options and help you decide which plan is right for you and your family during open enrollment.
- For help with insurance claims and billing issues.
- To assist with the transfer of medical records, x-rays and lab results prior to a scheduled appointment with a new physician.
- For help with medical issues and healthcare needs that your parents or parents in-law might have.
- To identify alternative resources for healthcare related services that might not be covered by the NYU employee benefits programs.
- To help understand tests, treatments and medications recommended or prescribed for a physician.
When you call Health Advocate to assist with a healthcare issue, you will be assigned a Personal Health Advocate (PHA) who will stay with you through to the resolution of the problem. Simply call Health Advocate at 1-866-695-8622 or visit their website, www.healthadvocate.com. There are no enrollment forms. Health Advocate will ask you to complete a Medical Information Release Form. Please be assured that all of your information will be kept strictly confidential by Health Advocate, and your privacy will be protected.
Health Advocate does not replace the customer service lines of our health plans or the services provided by the Carebridge Employee Assistance Program or by the NYU Benefits Specialists. By offering Health Advocate in addition to these other important resources, NYU is taking another step to ensure that our employees have access to the best possible healthcare. We believe that you and your family will benefit greatly from this valuable service.