Our Events calendar has a basic built-in RSVP utility. You can add a basic event registration form to your event page and information about your registrants will be collected in a registration list accessed through the calendar interface.
1. On the Add Events screen, put a check mark in the box next to Allow site visitors to RSVP for this event.
2. In the window that opens, under the option for Limit RSVPs?:
a. For maximum number of RSVP submissions: Add the number for your registration maximum (if you have one, otherwise leave it blank). Setting a limit is helpful if you wish the registration to automatically close after a specific number of attendees have registered.
b. For maximum attendees per RSVP submission: Add in a number which will determine how many additional guests the individual who fills out the form may RSVP on behalf of.
c. For Waitlist: You may set a waiting list for your event up to the specific number you choose. Enter in the appropriate number. The Waitlist will appear on your event's RSVP form once the event's maximum attendees limit has been reached.
d. For Limit RSVPs to specific email addresses or domains: You can control who may RSVP to your event by adding in specific information to this option. For example, if you only want RSVPs from individuals with an nyu.edu email address, type in:
in the space provided.
Or, if you want to limit RSVPs to only a specific, pre-defined group of email addresses, type in the email addresses, separated by commas. For example:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
3. For Special instructions?: enter in any special instructions for your registrants as they enter their information. For example, "Please provide your NYU NetID in the comments section below". This information will appear above the "REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT" section of the RSVP form.
4. For the E-mail address of event organizer: Add in the email address of the individual who should receive the RSVPs. This may be a different person than the individual who added the event to the calendar.
5. For the Text for automatic RSVP email response: Type in the text that your registrants will see when they receive their confirmation email. Make sure to include contact information and other pertinent details.
By default, you will receive an email notification when someone registers for your event. If you'd like someone else to receive the registration notifications, check the box next to Notify by email when RSVPs are submitted, and add in that individual's email address after yours, separated by a comma.
6. Save your event to put the RSVP settings into effect.
Note: Once the registration list is full, the RSVP form will no longer show on your event page.