The Squared Promo component allows users to create and display promotional content.
Typically this promotion style is used to advertise an event.
Used in 1- or 2- column containers on category or content pages.
Squared Promos are designed specifically to highlight event content. Use them in 1- or 2- column spaces to draw an audience to special occasions.
1. Navigate to and open the desired page.
2. Add a component.
3. Click Edit to open the Squared Promo Component dialog window.
4. You'll be presented with the Text tab, which includes the following fields:
The Title or Description field is required to use the component.
5. Click the Image tab. Navigate in the content finder to select the desired image from the DAM. Drag the image into the image box. Crop, rotate, or link (map) image to your needs.
6. Click the Link tab. Although the Link field is not required, to better promote your event you should select a URL that directs the user to appropriate, more detailed information concerning the event. The default link text for this component is: "Read more"
7. Click OK to finish and save your changes.
1- and 2-column squared components ask you to join them for a very special occasion. We hope you can attend.
When applying the required crop to the image used in the Squared Promo, it is possible to adjust the aspect ratio. Altering the aspect ratio of the crop may cause the promo to display incorrectly on the page.
Do not adjust the aspect ratio after applying the crop for the image. If the aspect ratio was adjusted, select the appropriate aspect ratio from the image crop tool dialogue box and the aspect ratio will reset.
Updated October 2015