1. Navigate to and open the desired page.
2. Add a component.
3. By default, you will see the text, "Click to Enter Shortcuts..." displayed.
4. Double-click to open the Shortcuts component dialog window.
5. You'll be presented with the General tab, which includes the following fields:
- Default Option
- Hide Title
6. For Title, you have the option to enter a title for the shortcuts section. You may also enter a title for your own reference and then hide it from the end-user by putting a check mark next to the Hide Title box.
7. For Default Option, you may leave the section blank to use the default "Select an Option" text, or create your own text. For example, "Choose a Topic".
8. Click the Shortcuts tab. To add your shortcuts, click the Add link button.
9. For Label, type the text that you wish to have displayed in the Shortcuts drop-down menu.
10. For Location, click the down arrow. The Select Path window opens and resembles the Authoring Environment site admin panel's left-hand Navigation pane. The hierarchy of available sites is visible within the expandable left-hand side tree. To find the site for which you wish to create a shortcut, navigate through the tree by clicking on the plus (+) signs next to the various pages.
11. To add another shortcut link, click the Add link button again. Repeat the above steps for each link you wish to add. If you wish to reorder your links, use the Up/Down button. If you wish to remove a link, click Remove button.
12. Click the OK button. You'll see a progress window that says, "Saving your data, please wait".
13. Click the magnifying glass icon in the Sidekick to open the page in Preview mode to ensure that all additions are as expected from the end-user's perspective.