The Rounded Promo component allows users to create and display promotional content for a content topic elsewhere within the site. This component can be featured at a higher level of the site architecture to call-out important information lower down, or in another section of the site.
If you have content you want to draw attention to dramatically.
Use this component in 1-column containers on channel and category pages.
The rounded promo creates a 1-column promotional image with text that can go inline with text or in 1-column containers.
1. Navigate to and open the desired page.
2. Add a component.
3. Double-click the component icon to open the Rounded Promo Component dialog window.
4. You'll be presented with the Text Tab which includes the following fields:
5. The Text in line one is required and has a thirteen (13) character limit. This is where an author would place the main topic to be promoted or text that grabs the attention of the desired audience (ex. FREE FOOD!, NYU Abu Dhabi).
6. Enter your text and select a color. You may also add two additional lines of text to better define the promotion.
7. Click the Image tab. Here you can select the desired image for the promo. Navigate in the content finder to select the desired image from the DAM. Drag the image into the box and then select the option to crop.
9. Alt text is optional and makes the promo more accessible. The Link field is required and you should select a URL that directs the user to the specific promotional content highlighted in the promo.
10. Click the OK button to finish.
Rounded promos are designed to only be used in 1-column containers. If you put a promo in a 2- or 3-column space, they will break and try to fit that space. Use column control.
No known bugs at this time.
Updated January 2014