The Image component allows users to place images within the context of a page. Images are often worked into other components, but this component is used to place a stand-alone image within a page.
The image component is the primary tool to add images to your pages. Images may be used to break up text content to add visual interest to the page.
The image component may be used in any column container in any position on a CMS-driven page. Images should be appropriate to the page topic.
1. Navigate to and open the desired page.
2. Add a component.
3. Double-click on the image icon and an edit window will open with the following options:
Note: Images must first be added to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system and activated to be used. Learn how to add content to the DAM.
4. Drag and drop an image from the Asset Finder (on the left-hand side) into the component area.
Note: By default the Asset Finder will display the last 30 images uploaded to your department's DAM folder. To find a specific image, use the search bar to locate files by name and/or tag or browse the DAM.
5. Double-click on the image and you can edit the basic information about the image; in the Advanced tab, specify a title (if applicable), alternative text (required), a description, the column size width, and the image alignment.
6. Click the OK button to finish and to verify that the image has been added to the page.
7. Click the magnifying glass icon in the Sidekick to open the page in Preview mode to ensure that all additions are as expected from the end-user's perspective.
With so many assets in the DAM, finding a specific image can be difficult. You can locate images by navigating through their path in the Asset Finder.
All CMS users have access to the Shared DAM folder, where University images are licensed for web use only. Search in the asset finder to the left by the following tags:
When speaking about deleting an image, an author could be discussing one of two things: first, removing an image component from the page and second, removing a specific image from a specific image component.
If you're looking to remove an image from a specific component, do the following:
To delete an image from the Image component click the Clear button in the bottom toolbar.
Alignment in the Image Component is used in conjunction with the Rich Text Component for text wrapping. For this functionality, choose Left or Right alignment.
Drag and drop an image from the Asset Finder into the Image component under the Image tab.
No known bugs at this time.
Updated January 2013