After adding in your image to the desired location on the page, you may create a mapping to a targeted page through a link embedded within the image.
- Double click the component icon.
- Click on the Image tab.
- In the lower left-hand corner, click on the Map button.
- A selection of image map tools will be viewable in a menu above the image.
- In the Image map tools menu, click the button that corresponds to the type of shape you wish to use to create the selection area for the link mapping.
- Click inside the image to select the boundary area that will control the link mapping.
- Click the down arrow next to the HREF option to bring up the "Select Path" navigator window.
- The "Select Path" window resembles the Authoring Environment Site Admin console's left-hand Navigation pane; the hierarchy of available content is visible within the expandable left-hand side tree. To find the content you wish to reference, navigate through the tree by clicking on the plus signs next to the various pages. Click OK.
Or, if you wish to refer to a link outside of the CMS, type the URL into the HREF option, beginning with http:// .
- By default, the mapped image will open up the targeted link in a new window. Therefore, you may leave the Target option blank.
- When finished, press the OK button to save your changes.
- Click the magnifying glass icon in the Sidekick to open the page in Preview mode to ensure that the mapping works as expected from the end-user's perspective.