When you want to add a list of events you've submitted to the main NYU Events Calendar and have them displayed on your CMS-based page.
Use this component in 1-column containers.
If your group does not yet have access to the NYU Events Calendar, please see our tutorial section on Requesting Accounts for New Calendar Group Members. Or, write to the Digital Communications Events Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Navigate to and open the desired page on which you wish to add the Events Calendar component.
Note that the Events Calendar component should only be used in a 1-column space. If you do not have an available 1-column space on your page, use the Column Control component to sub-divide your template space.
2. From the Sidekick, under the General component group, select the Events Calendar component. Drag and drop the component into your 1-column space.
3. When you first add the component to your page, you'll see an animated circle icon and the header "Invalid Feed URL!". This is the default state of the component. Double-click the component to configure the calendar settings.
In the Events Calendar component's dialog box, you can configure your calendar display settings.
1. For Event List Title, type in the text that you wish to have appear at the top of your event list. For example, Upcoming Events. Or, This Week's Events.
2. For Calendar, you will need to enter in your specific Calendar Group's feed URL information.
The feed URL may be constructed to return all your events, events that have been assigned a specific category, or only events that you've entered with specific tags assigned. There are many permutations that may be created to surface specific events. The NYU Events Team is happy to assist you with creating the URL that will best capture the information you wish to display. Contact the Digital Communications Events Team at email@example.com with any questions.
Here are some examples using the Calendar Group "Arts-and-Science":
a. All Events
If you want your Calendar Component to display all the events your Calendar Group has entered into the Events Calendar, your URL would be constructed with the format:
b. Events By Category
If you want your Calendar Component to display all the events your Group has entered into the Events Calendar that are only in the Category "Speakers", your URL would be constructed with the format:
c. Events By Tag
If you want your Calendar Component to display all the events your Group has entered into the Events Calendar to which you've assigned the Tag "journalism", your URL would be constructed with the format:
d. Events With Multiple Criteria
If you want your Calendar Component to display all the events your Group has entered into the Events Calendar with the Category "Speakers" AND the Tag "journalism", your URL would be constructed with the format:
If you need assistance with the URL construction, please write to the Digital Communications Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. For Show miniature calendar view?, put a checkmark in the box if you want to have a small mini-calendar appear at the top of your event list.
4. For Calendar Time Span, select from the drop-down menu the time span for the event dates that will be displayed. The minium amount is 1 day, the maximum is 1 year.
5. For Number of Events to Display, add in the number of events you wish to show in your list. There is a maximum display of 25 events.
If you have a lot of events scheduled each day over the course of a week, we recommend that you only display 1 week's worth of events. Keep in mind that displaying many events will create the need for your site visitors to scroll down the page.
6. Click the OK button to save your changes.
The Calendar component should only be used in a 1-column space. Therefore, we recommend, if you're not using a template with a 1-column space, that you add a Column Control component to subdivide the space.
Below is an example of 2-columns subdivided by a Column Control component to create two 1-column spaces.