- Navigate to and open the desired page.
- Add a component. The component is located under "Other" in the sidekick.
- The component placeholder contains a column control. It appears as a container with a top and bottom border, as it is essentially a container for additional components (text, image, etc.).
- The column control component lets you choose how many section subdivisions you wish to insert. However, this is also dependent on the template you choose, and where you insert the column control. For example, if you've chosen a 3-2 template, and you insert a column control component into the 3-column section, you can additionally subdivide that section of 3-columns into:
2 columns / 1 column
1 column / 2 columns
1 column / 1 column / 1 column
To choose the layout, click the Edit button on the top bar of the Column Control component. In the Column Control dialog box, click the drop-down menu to select from your available options. Click the OK button when finished.
- The component now contains the subdivision you've chosen.
- You may now drag and drop other components (for example, text or image) into the new subdivisions to add your content.