Renaming a Page
While you can change how a page's name appears in its URL without affecting how the page's title appears in the navigation section on the activated (published) page, we would encourage you to maintain consistency and keep the names the same (or similar).
For example, if your page title is "Adding a Page", your page name could be "adding-a-page", or more simply, "adding-page".
However, if you make a typo or need to shorten an overly long page name, you may quickly change the page name by doing the following:
- In the left-hand Navigation pane, click to highlight the parent page icon which contains the child page you wish to rename.
- In the right-hand Details pane, click on the page's entry.
- Click the Move... button from the Actions pane.
- In the pop-up "Move" dialog box, next to the Rename to field, type in the new name for the page. You will also see a list of pages on which the page is referenced. Make sure to leave the check-marks in the boxes under the Republish column so that your new page name will be updated on the other pages on which it is referenced.
- Click the Move button to put the new page name into effect.