Adding and removing pages is an essential action when building out sites in the CMS. However in many cases, your main content page has already been created for you. Most content authors do not have the permission to create new pages.
Adding a Page
- In the Authoring Environment site admin panel's left-hand Navigation pane, click to highlight the page icon for your main content page. Make sure you first highlight the page one level above where you want to add the page.
- In the right-hand Site Admin Details pane, click the New... menu (by selecting the arrow next to the word "New..."), and select New Page. The Create Page window will open.
- In the Title field, select a 2 to 3 word title (max 4 words) that will be displayed in the published page's browser title, main page title and page navigation.
- In the Name field, either leave the option blank (which will use the base 2-4 word Title as default separated by dashes ), or select a short and intuitive name (using no more than 3 words found in the Title) to be used to create the page's URL. Separate each word with a dash.
- Click on the template you wish to use to determine the basic layout of your content page (see Choosing a Template for more information).
- Click the Create button.
- You will be returned to the author environment. The new page will now be displayed in both the Navigation pane and listed in the Details pane.