News During the Calendar Year
Policy Guidance for Pandemic Related Expenses
As the University navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, there are three important considerations when determining whether an expense should be incurred. Please review the new Policy Guidance for Pandemic Related Expenses for details.
In order to track costs related to COVID-19, a required field has been added to requisitions. The field is a dropdown selectable field with YES or NO as the two selectable values. The field must be completed in order for the requisition to be submitted and the only possible values are YES or NO. The requestors will need to complete before the Submit Order will be active.
Please pass along to anyone that requires this information.
By Definition, A COVID-related expense is an expense that would not have been incurred if not for the virus.
Direct Deposit Enrollment
If you have opted to receive your paycheck through a paper check either mailed to your home address in PeopleSync or delivered to an assigned on-campus location, we encourage you to consider receiving your paycheck via direct deposit instead as it provides the following benefits:
- Your paycheck is automatically deposited into the bank account(s) of your choosing on pay day or sooner if pay day falls on a weekend or holiday
- You do not need to wait for your paycheck to be delivered to your home by the US Postal Service or by NYU Mail Services to your assigned on-campus location.
- You do not need to go to the bank to deposit your check and wait for the funds to post to your bank account.
- You do not need to worry about lost or stolen paychecks.
- You are helping the environment by reducing ink, paper, and energy consumption associated with the creation and delivery of paper paychecks.
- You do not need to wait for your paycheck to be issued in the event NYU is closed due to circumstances such as inclement weather or other emergencies.
If you have questions, please contact PeopleLink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-992-LINK (5465).