This page is a compilation of NYU finance related resources intended for quick reference for NYU school and business unit Fiscal Officers and their staff.
Fiscal Year 2018 News & Announcements
Restriction of Gift Card Purchases on Bank of America Payment Cards
The IRS considers all gift cards cash and cash equivalents subject to tax regardless of the amount of the gift card (e.g. a $1 gift card is subject to tax). Bank of America Payment Cards cannot track and break out gift card purchases; they just track the merchant, e.g., CVS.
The following communication was sent to Fiscal Officer’s on October 26, 2017.
We are writing to provide clarification on the processes for Standing Orders. Please note the following (and please share with your i-Buy NYU Shoppers/Requestors):
Open FY17 Standing Orders were rolled as part of the overall PO roll into FY18. We apologize for any confusion caused by prior communications stating FY17 Standing Orders were closed.
Effective Monday November 20, 2017 all remaining OPEN FY17 Standing Orders will be closed. If appropriate, please ensure new FY18 Standing Orders are opened to avoid disruptions.
FY18 and Future Fiscal Years:
For all future year-end close processes the following will be initiated:
- Standing Orders that meet the criteria of (a) open balance greater than $250 and (b) activity within the last 120 days will be rolled forward to the new fiscal year.
All other Standing Orders will be closed as per the standard year-end PO close process.
- The Standing Orders rolled forward to the new fiscal year will remain open for a period of six weeks in order for any lagging invoices to be paid.
- Invoices for Standing Orders that were rolled to the new fiscal year will be charged to the new fiscal year. Accruals should be submitted if the goods / services were received prior to 8/31.
- Once the six week period into the new Fiscal Year is met, all prior year Standing Orders will be closed.
PLEASE NOTE: Standing orders are not auto renewed on yearly basis. Each school and unit is responsible for submitting a new Standing Order each year for those they wish to renew.
For questions regarding Standing Orders please contact Financelink at email@example.com or 212-998-1111.
October 26, 2017
New Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements
The new Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements will be available in i-Buy NYU effective June 12. 2017. The Supplier Request Form for Guest Reimbursements should be used only when NYU has agreed to reimburse an individual for costs they incur for coming to the University for an engagement.
Fiscal Year 2017 News & Announcements
A revision has been made to the Signature Authority Policy as it relates to equipment leases. Click here for the policy
Please send requests for approval along with a copy of the lease agreement to the University Treasurer, Janine Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 12, 2017
Procurement has created helpful Bid Waiver Form Guidelines to assist in clarifying for the University when and how the Bid Waiver Form should be used. The Guidelines are easily accessible here.
June 15, 2017
The revisions include:
- Sales Tax (Page 7)
- Travel Insurance (Page 10)
- Extended Travel (Page 13)
June 15, 2017
The following communication regarding "New Legal Requirements for Honoraria Payments" was sent to FOs, HROs and all i-Buy NYU Advanced Requestors on May 12, 2017.
In order to comply with the new NYC Freelance Worker Protection Law, beginning May 15, 2017, the following process must be followed for all honorariums:
- The honorarium recipient and a representative of the University (with signatory authority) must sign a new “honorarium agreement” before the honorarium activity may commence (Note: A link to the agreement will be available in i-Buy NYU, the HRO Blog and on nyu.edu/financelink beginning May 15, 2017). This is the only form acceptable to ensure NYU’s compliance with new regulations. Individual contracts and agreements from schools or units may not be used.
- Once the honorarium activity is completed, the Requestor must invite the recipient to complete the supplier registration process in i-Buy NYU. This process remains unchanged.
- Once the recipient is a registered supplier in i-Buy NYU, the Requestor must submit the existing Honoraria/Limited Engagement Form in i-Buy NYU to initiate payment and attach the signed Honorarium Agreement at the “Internal Attachments”.
For questions about this new process, please contact FinanceLink at email@example.com or 212-998-1111.
May 12, 2017
New Procedure for Compromised Payment Cards
The following communication was sent to Fiscal Officers and Payment Card Approvers on 12/22/16. Bank of America’s New Procedure for Compromised Payment Cards (PDF)
Fiscal Year 2016 News & Announcements
The i-Buy NYU Resource Portal was created to provide the NYU Community with one stop to access presentations, training documents and additional project materials about Project Lighthouse and i-Buy NYU.
- View the iBuy NYU Resource Portal (NYU Login Required)
Should you have questions about i-Buy NYU, please feel free to reach out to the project team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 29, 2016
The Chartfield Access Authorization Form now includes a section to request access to the reporting departments for UDW+ Departmental Metrics Dashboard (UDM) and the proposals tabs on the D03. Grants Management Dashboard.
When an individual from your department requests chartfield access to either one of these reporting departments, you will receive an email asking to approve or deny their request.
Please note that in addition to chartfield access for UDW+ Departmental Metrics Dashboard (UDM), users will need to request UDM reporting access by contacting the Decision Support Group at email@example.com or 212-998-2900, and also receiving approval from their Dean.
If you have any questions, please contact the FinanceLink Service Center at 212-998-1111 or AskFinanceLink@nyu.edu.
November 19, 2015
Prevent Declined Transactions on Payment Cards
Due to significant increase in fraudulent transactions for all payment card issuers globally, banks have implemented strict preventive controls to mitigate this fraud risk. As a result, payment card transactions may be declined more frequently due to suspicious triggers or activities.
The Global Payment Card team created a memo with information to assist in identifying triggers for declined transactions and steps to avoid them. This was sent out to Fiscal Officers on October 5, 2015.
Fiscal Year 2015 News & Announcements
Use the subaward invoicing system to manage payments to your subawardees! Click here for more information. A quick reference guide and training video are also available to help you navigate the system.
Questions? Contact the SPA Team Analyst for your school.
February 10, 2015
If you are a student employed by NYU and did not get paid on your regularly scheduled pay date (missed a payment), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the missed pay date, the corresponding dates in which you worked, and the name of your immediate supervisor.
If you need assistance recording your hours worked, please use The Student Employee’s Guide to Using NYU myTime for instructions.
For all other student pay related inquires and assistance please continue to contact PeopleLink at 212-992-5465 or email@example.com.
October 12, 2015 (Updated October 27, 2015)
Departmental Purchases at the NYU Bookstore and Computer Store
In an effort to secure and streamline departmental purchases made at the NYU Book and Computer Stores, the paper, approved purchaser “lists” maintained by the Stores will be retired immediately.
Going forward departmental purchases made at the NYU Book and Computer Stores can be made using the following widely utilized and easy to use methods: