The new FinanceLink service center for Financial Operations & Treasury (FO&T) is now open to the NYU community. This new integrated service center is a complement to our existing FinanceLink website for all inquiries and requests associated with finance at NYU, including but not limited to: Accounting & Reporting, Buying & Paying, Insurance & Enterprise Risk, Tax Guidance & Compliance, and Treasury Management.*
Why are we providing a FinanceLink service center?
FO&T supports thousands of NYU community members and processes literally hundreds of thousands of financial transactions annually. Our community members (YOU) have told us, through the annual Quality of Service survey, and other forums, that it is difficult to know who, or where, to call when you have a question on a finance related matter. In addition, due to improved technology and process improvements, we are now able to answer many commonly asked questions through a centralized process, saving all of us time, and improving the quality and timeliness of our service as a result.
What does the new FinanceLink service center mean for you?
• Only one phone number and email address to remember! Existing email aliases and phone numbers will continue to work and will automatically route to FinanceLink and/or specific FO&T departments
• All inquiries and requests will continue to be tracked and logged in NYU’s ServiceLink tool. All notifications that you receive will now read “FinanceLink” instead of FO&T.
How do I reach the FinanceLink service center?
• Phone: 212-998-1111 from 9:00AM - 5:00PM
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
◦ FinanceLink – to search information about our services, forms and latest news
◦ A new and improved ServiceLink, which will allow you to view the status and target resolution of your open requests and search our knowledge base articles
Please share this news with your teams and colleagues who regularly contact FO&T for assistance. We plan to host focus groups in the Fall to gather and share feedback on how we are doing and discuss how we can further improve our services. We are committed to continuous improvement and we welcome your feedback at any time.
*Please note, inquiries for the following areas should continue to route to:
• Non-tax related Payroll inquiries, PeopleSync and myTime: Contact PeopleLink
• Post-Award Administration: Contact Sponsored Programs Administration
• Student Billing: Contact the Office of the Bursar
• UDW+ Financial Reporting: Contact the Decision Support Group
Don’t worry, if a community member does contact FinanceLink for one of these other service areas, the phone system will provide easy routing to these services, or the team will assign and transfer requests to other departments, as required.
August 31, 2015
An interim version of the JEMS application (“JEMS2”) will be available beginning on Thursday, August 6th at 9:00 AM (EST). The JEMS2 Application will be used for the remainder of FY15 and thereafter until a long-term solution is reviewed and validated.
JEMS2 and the original JEMS have the same process and functionality for preparing and submitting a journal entry.
To ensure AP Workflow is on a stable and supported technical platform, an improved version of the application is now available.
Changes for Approvers
Changes for Initiators
Updated July 13, 2015
Payroll Adjustments (formerly retroactive cost allocations) are now available in PeopleSync.
This new functionality replaces the current retro cost allocation form and gives you the ability to submit Payroll Adjustments for review by Payroll and/or SPA directly in PeopleSync.
To learn how to submit a Payroll Adjustment, follow the instructions in the Payroll Adjustment tip sheet available in course HRS 000 in iLearn.
If you need additional support, visit the Payroll Adjustment office hours at 105 E. 17th St., Room 199: Feb. 18th from 3-5pm or Feb. 26th from 9-11am or contact PeopleLink.
February 13, 2015
Use the subaward invoicing system to manage payments to your subawardees! Click here for more information. A quick reference guide and training video are also available to help you navigate the system.
Questions? Contact the SPA Team Analyst for your school.
February 10, 2015
The following communication was sent to the eReq system community on 12/12/14
In order to strengthen financial controls, and implement purchasing practices consistent with other large institutions of higher education similar to NYU, a revised policy and process regarding the self-approval of requisitions (e-Reqs) is being implemented.
Effective December 15, 2014 any e-Reqs over the threshold of $2,500 may no longer be self-approved.
Self-approvals are defined as those e-Reqs where the individual entering the requisition and the final approver are the same person. Changes have been made within the e-Req system that will stop the approval from occurring if an e-Req that is greater than $2500 is being both entered and approved by the same individual.
E Reqs that are $2500 or less will not be subject to this new process.
For those departments that have a current approval hierarchy in place that requires those e-Reqs less than $2,500 to be approved by more than one approver this process will remain in place.
Splitting one requisition to a supplier that is over the $2500 threshold into several requisitions to enable self-approval is not permitted.
December 12, 2014
Per IRS Regulations, Cash gifts (including gift cards, gift certificates charge card, credit card, etc.), no matter how little, are considered taxable income and are subject to withholding tax.
IRS Publication 15-B - Cash and cash equivalent fringe benefits (for example, use of gift card, charge card, or credit card), no matter how little, are never excludable as a de minimis benefit, except for occasional meal money or transportation fare.
November 18, 2014
With the recent launch of PeopleSync, you will notice the following changes to how you access and manage your Payroll information:
You can now:
- Manage your direct deposit in PeopleSync.
- Select up to five direct deposit accounts for your pay.
- With your first pay date in April and going forward, you will be able to view your payslips in PeopleSync - additional passwords are no longer required.
- Payslips issued prior to April 2014, will still be accessible via the Payment Image Viewing Tool in NYUHome.
- You will no longer receive an email notification alerting you when your pay advice is available. You can log in to PeopleSync on your pay date to view your latest payslip.
To access PeopleSync, log in to NYUHome and click PeopleSync under the Work tab.
For more information about PeopleSync, including videos and tip sheets, please visit www.nyu.edu/peoplesync.
For questions regarding PeopleSync or your pay, please contact PeopleLink, NYU's integrated HR and Payroll service center.
Phone: 212-992-LINK (5465)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
April 1, 2014