To ensure Accounts Payable (AP) Workflow, the NYU application used for employee reimbursements and cash advances, is on a stable and supported technical platform, an improved version will launch on Monday, July 13.
Please note these important upcoming deadlines:
Monday, July 6 at 5:00pm ET - Deadline for any new submissions of employee reimbursement and cash advance requests
Thursday, July 9 at 5:00pm ET - Deadline for approvals of any in-progress employee reimbursement and cash advance requests
Thursday, July 9 5:00pm ET through Monday, July 13 9:00am ET - AP Workflow will not be available during this time
Monday, July 13 at 9:00am ET - AP Workflow available
July 1, 2015
Payroll Adjustments (formerly retroactive cost allocations) are now available in PeopleSync.
This new functionality replaces the current retro cost allocation form and gives you the ability to submit Payroll Adjustments for review by Payroll and/or SPA directly in PeopleSync.
To learn how to submit a Payroll Adjustment, follow the instructions in the Payroll Adjustment tip sheet available in course HRS 000 in iLearn.
If you need additional support, visit the Payroll Adjustment office hours at 105 E. 17th St., Room 199: Feb. 18th from 3-5pm or Feb. 26th from 9-11am or contact PeopleLink.
February 13, 2015
Use the subaward invoicing system to manage payments to your subawardees! Click here for more information. A quick reference guide and training video are also available to help you navigate the system.
Questions? Contact the SPA Team Analyst for your school.
February 10, 2015
The following communication was sent to the eReq system community on 01/09/15
Procurement is pleased to announce that a new contract has been negotiated with NYU’s preferred office supply vendor - Staples. This revised arrangement with Staples will furnish NYU with an improved office supply program.
Through the new program with Staples you will find all your office supply needs at competitive pricing, continued quality customer service and quick desktop delivery.
Improved benefits include:
• The University’s top 500 Staples items in a full range of product categories have been identified. These items are designated “Best Value” and offer NYU the greatest discounts. Ordering Best Value items will provide maximum office supply savings to your department.
• The NYU “Best Value” list is easily accessible on the Staples via the i-Buy homepage and when searching for products on Staples via i-Buy, the Best Value items will be presented first.
• For those items that are not designated Best Value, NYU receives a 10% discount off of Staples.com pricing on all in-stock items. You will also see this immediate savings compared to the real-time Staples.com price.
• Staples will continue to support the University’s green initiatives by offering a wide selection of remanufactured toner.
• As always, NYU will receive next-business-day desktop delivery for all orders placed by 3pm.
• Annual business reviews with Staples will enable Procurement to learn what is in highest demand at NYU and make adjustments accordingly to Best Value items to reflect NYU buying patterns.
• Staples provide NYU with a dedicated account Manager to assist with University needs, product information and requests.
If you need any assistance or have any feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 5, 2015
The following communication was sent to the eReq system community on 12/12/14
In order to strengthen financial controls, and implement purchasing practices consistent with other large institutions of higher education similar to NYU, a revised policy and process regarding the self-approval of requisitions (e-Reqs) is being implemented.
Effective December 15, 2014 any e-Reqs over the threshold of $2,500 may no longer be self-approved.
Self-approvals are defined as those e-Reqs where the individual entering the requisition and the final approver are the same person. Changes have been made within the e-Req system that will stop the approval from occurring if an e-Req that is greater than $2500 is being both entered and approved by the same individual.
E Reqs that are $2500 or less will not be subject to this new process.
For those departments that have a current approval hierarchy in place that requires those e-Reqs less than $2,500 to be approved by more than one approver this process will remain in place.
Splitting one requisition to a supplier that is over the $2500 threshold into several requisitions to enable self-approval is not permitted.
For any questions regarding this new process please feel free to contact Bob Dayre, Associate Director Procurement Operations at x 81031 or at email@example.com.
December 12, 2014
ITS has resolved the issue that affected access to AP Workflow and Tuition Remission via the Administrative Systems Portal on the NYUHome Work tab. The applications are now accessible using all four browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer & Safari).
December 5, 2014 (Updated December 15, 2014)
This year, NYU employees will have access to their 2014 IRS Form W-2 in PeopleSync, NYU’s HR and Payroll system. In accordance with IRS regulations, your consent is required in order to receive your W-2 electronically rather than having a paper form mailed to your address in PeopleSync.
If you would like to receive an electronic 2014 W-2 ONLY, please complete the following steps by January 15, 2015 at 11:59 pm (ET):
Per IRS Regulations, Cash gifts (including gift cards, gift certificates charge card, credit card, etc.), no matter how little, are considered taxable income and are subject to withholding tax.
IRS Publication 15-B - Cash and cash equivalent fringe benefits (for example, use of gift card, charge card, or credit card), no matter how little, are never excludable as a de minimis benefit, except for occasional meal money or transportation fare.
November 18, 2014
In an effort to secure and streamline departmental purchases made at the NYU Book and Computer Stores, the paper, approved purchaser “lists” maintained by the Stores will be retired immediately.
Going forward departmental purchases made at the NYU Book and Computer Stores can be made using the following widely utilized and easy to use methods:
Option 1: iBuy Marketplace
- Registered users of the iBuy Marketplace can place their orders with the NYU Computer and Book Stores from their offices, or from the kiosk at the stores and have the items delivered, or held for pick up. This method utilizes the workflow built in to the eReq system to ensure that proper budgetary approval is received for the purchase.
- Non-registered users can utilize the iBuy Shopper feature. iBuy Shopper is a feature that allows non-registered users to browse/shop in the iBuy Marketplace using their NYU Home net id and password (eReq profile is not required). Once a shopping cart is created in iBuy, it can be emailed to your department approver for ordering.
For any questions regarding the iBuy Marketplace please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: Purchasing Card (P-Card)
- The NYU Purchasing Card is utilized for low dollar purchases, and is accepted as a payment mechanism at the NYU Book and Computer Stores for purchases under $2,500.
- Please check with your department administrator to ascertain if your department currently has a P-Card.
For any questions regarding the P-Card please contact email@example.com.
Option 3: Pre-Paid Cards
- Pre-paid cards (up to a value of $250) may also be used for purchases at the NYU Book and Computer Stores.
For any questions regarding Pre-paid cards please contact Mike Wallace at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 6, 2014
- Replacing all definitions and policy statements regarding sponsored programs with links to the SPA Handbook;
- Expansion of the guidelines for Business Travel, including global travel and preferred vendors;
- Replacing insurance-related sections with links to relevant information on the Insurance & Enterprise Risk Management website;
- Updates to the guidelines for purchasing goods and services, including links to the relevant sections of Procurement web pages;
- Update to the policy with respect to use of external legal counsel and the payment of related invoices.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please e-mail email@example.com.
September 15, 2014
With the recent launch of PeopleSync, you will notice the following changes to how you access and manage your Payroll information:
You can now:
- Manage your direct deposit in PeopleSync.
- Select up to five direct deposit accounts for your pay.
- With your first pay date in April and going forward, you will be able to view your payslips in PeopleSync - additional passwords are no longer required.
- Payslips issued prior to April 2014, will still be accessible via the Payment Image Viewing Tool in NYUHome.
- You will no longer receive an email notification alerting you when your pay advice is available. You can log in to PeopleSync on your pay date to view your latest payslip.
To access PeopleSync, log in to NYUHome and click PeopleSync under the Work tab.
For more information about PeopleSync, including videos and tip sheets, please visit www.nyu.edu/peoplesync.
For questions regarding PeopleSync or your pay, please contact PeopleLink, NYU's integrated HR and Payroll service center.
Phone: 212-992-LINK (5465)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
April 1, 2014