The screenshot below is an example of a completed budget modification request.
Position Budget steps found here (page 17).
1. Complete the items in the Header Information section of the form, including the Unit Name, Ref. # (an optional internal number, for your reference only), and Description. Use your computer's mouse or Tab key to move from field to field.
- Fiscal Year is automatically completed, based on the Request Date. (More than one option may be available if two fiscal years are open.
- Business Unit will default to WSQ, but will include other available options depending on your access.
- Currency will default to the base currency of the business unit you have selected. If the business unit allows for more than one currency you have the option of changing the currency for your budget modification.
- Click the Balanced checkbox to clear it, if appropriate. A check indicates a balanced request; a request is balanced if its total credits and debits are equal to each other.
- The Header Information section must be filled out before the line details section is available for input (i.e., before you can move on to step 2).
2. Using a separate line for each budget adjustment you wish to make, enter the appropriate chartfield combination (Account, Fund, Dept ID and, optionally, Program, Project).
- The system performs a check on the chartfield you've entered. A green circle in the CF field indicates validation; a red circle indicates that you have entered an invalid chartfield combination or a chartfield which you are not authorized to include in a budget modification request.
- Fields that are gray -- like the Revised Budget and Balance Available amounts -- are filled in automatically by the system as you complete other fields.
- As an alternative to typing the details of your request into the BudMod Form, it is possible to upload a properly formatted Excel file into the form, or to begin with a copy of a previously submitted request. See Optional Features for details.
3. Enter the Adjustment Amount, then use the dropdown menus in the Incr/Decr column to indicate whether the amount is a budget increase or decrease.
- The system automatically calculates the Revised Budget amounts for each chartfield that would result from your request, as well as the resulting Credit and Debit Totals.
- Use your computer's Tab key to go to the next line.
- Use the Add Lines button at the top of the form if your request requires additional lines.
4. Click the Preview/Submit button at the top of the BudMod Form. The BudMod Form Preview screen opens:
- Review your request on the BudMod Form Preview screen.
- As required, click the Go Back (Edit) button to revise your request (see steps 1-4).
5. When your request is ready, click the Submit button on the BudMod Form Preview screen to submit your request for processing. After a few moments, the BudMod Submission Confirmation screen appears.
- The number to the right of the green check is a tracking number which the system has automatically assigned to your request. Make a note of this Budget Adjustment #, if you wish, to assist you in future lookups.
6. Having successfully submitted your budget modification request, you can now, as desired
- Download your request, in Excel or printable-PDF format (see Optional Features, below);
- Click Done, to return to the BudMod Form, then:
- submit a new request, simply repeating the procedures outlined above
- perform an Inquiry/Search or another BudMod function, by clicking one of the Budget Modification System tabs, or
Uploading, Downloading, Starting with a Copy
As an alternative to typing all of the information into the online request form, it is possible to start off by uploading an appropriately formatted Excel file, or by using a copy of an existing request as the draft for your new request. It is also possible to download a copy of a request, either as an Excel file or as a print-friendly PDF.
For detailed instructions, see the Print, Upload, Download, Copy of this help document.
When a request has been submitted, a notification for action is sent to the Worklist(s) of the person(s) responsible for the next step in the approval process, usually the Reviewer(s). In addition, the Requestor receives a notification confirming that the request has been submitted. If a request qualifies for automatic approval, the Requestor is notified that it has been automatically approved. (For more on notifications, see the Using Your Workspace of this help document.)