The screenshot below is an example of a completed budget modification request.
Position Budget steps found here (page 17).
1. Complete the items in the Header Information section of the form, including the Unit Name, Ref. # (an optional internal number, for your reference only), and Description. Use your computer's mouse or Tab key to move from field to field.
2. Using a separate line for each budget adjustment you wish to make, enter the appropriate chartfield combination (Account, Fund, Dept ID and, optionally, Program, Project).
3. Enter the Adjustment Amount, then use the dropdown menus in the Incr/Decr column to indicate whether the amount is a budget increase or decrease.
4. Click the Preview/Submit button at the top of the BudMod Form. The BudMod Form Preview screen opens:
5. When your request is ready, click the Submit button on the BudMod Form Preview screen to submit your request for processing. After a few moments, the BudMod Submission Confirmation screen appears.
6. Having successfully submitted your budget modification request, you can now, as desired
Uploading, Downloading, Starting with a Copy
As an alternative to typing all of the information into the online request form, it is possible to start off by uploading an appropriately formatted Excel file, or by using a copy of an existing request as the draft for your new request. It is also possible to download a copy of a request, either as an Excel file or as a print-friendly PDF.
For detailed instructions, see the Print, Upload, Download, Copy of this help document.
When a request has been submitted, a notification for action is sent to the Worklist(s) of the person(s) responsible for the next step in the approval process, usually the Reviewer(s). In addition, the Requestor receives a notification confirming that the request has been submitted. If a request qualifies for automatic approval, the Requestor is notified that it has been automatically approved. (For more on notifications, see the Using Your Workspace of this help document.)