Reporting Resources, Training, and Access
UDW+ Reporting Tools
One of NYU's reporting tools is UDW+ (University Data Warehouse +). UDW+ is built in OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition), and pulls data from a variety of NYU sources.
UDW+ contains reporting tools and data from NYU Financial Systems, Student/Albert data, Course Evaluations results, and HR systems, ServiceLink metrics, and many other sources and types.
Each type of data and dashboard within UDW+ has its own security and resources, and requires specific data access and system training processes.
Financial Data Reporting
Financial Data Access & Training: Access to NYU financial reporting data requires both Chartfield Security Access and UDW+ Financial Dashboard access.
- For Chartfield access, please fill out the Chartfield Access Authorization Form (NYU Login Required). For assistance with or questions about this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For UDW+ Financial Dashboard Access, you should complete the training in iLearn. Listed as FIN 800, you can complete one or more of the modules within FIN 800, and the associated quiz(zes). Once you have passed the quiz or quizzes, your UDW+ Financial Dashboards access process should be completed within 3 business days.
- Further, more advanced training is available in-person -- for more information, please contact askDSG@nyu.edu
Student Data Reporting
Student data has been available in UDW+ for approximately 4 years, and can answer a variety of business questions.
To gain access to student data, the following steps should be taken:
- Complete the FERPA Tutorial & Quiz
- Ask your Authorized Requestor (link requires NYU Login) request access on your behalf for the Standard Student Dashboards, the Student Ad Hoc Reporting, or both.
- In iLearn, complete STU 010
- Once all of the above have been completed, you should be granted access to the Student Dashboards within 3 business days.
Course Evaluations Reporting
The UDW+ Course Evaluations Dashboard allows you to access Course Evaluations data for specific terms, classes, and instructors. This requires specific, Course Evaluation dashboard + data access (not automatically included with Student Data).
For access and feedback on the Course Evaluations Dashboard, please contact the Course Evaluations Project Team.
Additional UDW+ Course Evaluation Dashboard Resources:
- Course Evaluation QuickStart User Guide
- NYU Course Evaluation Logistics
- Student and Faculty instructions for non-UDW+ Course Evaluation results/viewing
HR Data Reporting
HR Data and reporting tools are available in both PeopleSync and UDW+, and each are designed to provide different types of reports.
UDW+ HR Admin Dashboard
- Training: HRS 700 is avaialble in iLearn, and user guides are available on the UDW+ Training Resources webpage.
- Access: For access to the HR Admin Dashboard in UDW+, please reach out to your HR Officer, who can submit the access request on your behalf.