With the majority of parents of school-age children now in the workforce, many school-age programs have begun to respond to the increased need for special programming for school half days, holidays and vacation weeks.
Holiday/vacation camps are designed to provide children with a place to spend the day or week in a relaxed and constructive environment. Many incorporate field trips, visits to museums, special sports events, and holiday themes into their programs.
Many holiday/vacation camps follow the public school calendar, but there are programs scheduled around the private school schedule as well. If you child is currently enrolled in an after-school program be sure to ask the staff if they offer holiday/vacation camp programs as well.
Holiday/Vacation Camp Options
- Explore a sampling of local programs.
- Consider fun activities to do with your child.
- Contact Carebridge Life Resources, (800-437-0911) to discuss the different holiday options and strategies and to receive referrals to resources in your community.
- Post your position on the Wasserman Center for Career Development's website to recruit a student seeking babysitting opportunities. For information on how to post to the Wasserman site, click here (PDF).
- Explore other resources available in the Child Care - Backup Care Resources section.