NYU is enthusiastic about and committed to supporting members of the University community and their families with care needs and resources, including financial assistance. Benefits and services for families provided by NYU Human Resources and its LiveSmart wellness program include:
Child Care Scholarship Program
The Child Care Scholarship Program for calendar year 2017 (application period August 29 to September 12, 2016) has concluded. The program assists with the cost of child care and is available to eligible full-time faculty, administrators, and professional research staff applicants at New York University. Bookmark and return to this page in September 2017 for calendar year 2018 program details. Contact LiveSmart at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and information.
Child Care Subsidy Fund Program (Local 3882)
The Child Care Subsidy Fund Program for calendar year 2017 (application period August 29 to September 12, 2016) has concluded. The program assists with the cost of child care and is available to eligible full- and part-time office and technical staff (Local 3882) applicants at New York University. Bookmark and return to this page in September 2017 for calendar year 2018 program details. Contact LiveSmart at email@example.com for questions and information.
Backup Child and Adult Care
Through Caregivers On Call, subsidized backup care in your or your dependent's home is available nationwide when eligible participants need to be at work and their usual child care is unavailable; their child or adult dependent is mildly ill; or their work schedule changes unexpectedly or includes conference attendance. Pre-registered full-time faculty, administrators, and professional research staff may use up to 50 hours of subsidized care per calendar year; the University pays 75% of the backup care cost, and the employee pays the remaining 25%. Pre-register your dependent(s) by reviewing the registration form (PDF) and completing and emailing pages 5-6 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NYU Backup Care Registration - [First name, Last name]. Allow 24 hours for Caregivers on Call to process your registration.
Child and Adult Care Referrals
Through Carebridge, the confidential, convenient, and no-cost employee assistance program, families in need of child and adult care may seek help and find referrals. For additional child and elder care information and referral support, click here to learn about the comprehensive services of Carebridge or click here to login to the Carebridge website using NYU member access code FTN59. Click here to view the elder care support and referrals offered through Health Advocate, an NYU benefit and the leading independent healthcare advocacy and assistance organization, or click here to view the Health Advocate website.
Adoption Assistance Program
NYU is a top 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace in the U.S., ranking first in education by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Up to $5,000 (or up to $6,000 for a child with special needs) in eligible adoption expenses is reimbursable to full-time faculty, administrators, and professional research staff. To be considered, the applicant must have: adopted a child who is under the age of 18 and is not the child of the employee's spouse or domestic partner; qualified expenses related to the adoption of a child incurred on or after the employee's first day of NYU employment; and completed and submitted the reimbursement form within six months of placement of the eligible child in the employee's home. To learn more about eligibility, expenses, reimbursement, and potential tax implications (please consult a tax advisor for specific guidance), click here (PDF). To access an application, click here (PDF). Submit questions and completed applications to LiveSmart at email@example.com; LiveSmart also welcomes NYU Adoption Assistance Program participant success stories to share with the NYU community!
Rooms for Nursing Mothers
Nursing mothers on campus have access to private, dedicated spaces (closed Sundays) to comfortably and conveniently express milk. Nursing rooms are available near Washington Square at 25 West Fourth Street (open access) and 726 Broadway (reservations required), and near Union Square at 105 East 17th Street (pictured, reservations required). To request a timeslot and obtain an access code for reservable spaces in Manhattan locations, email LiveSmart at firstname.lastname@example.org. In Brooklyn, a nursing room is reservable at 2 MetroTech Center by emailing Eve Henderson, Valerie Davis, and Judy Brown, or at 6 MetroTech Center, Jacobs Administrative Building, Room 256K, by requesting the key from the security desk. A valid NYU ID card must be presented for access. To learn about the Nursing Mothers in the Workplace Act and the responsibilities of employees and their supervisors, review the University policy.