The Team Achievement Award is an exciting initiative designed to recognize and reward superior performance by groups of cross-functional teams in support of transformational projects across NYU which further the University’s mission and priorities. The award reflects the complex environment of the University and reinforces the collaboration and partnership necessary to achieve key goals. Teams may be nominated by their team leader, project sponsor, or other key leader of the University for whom the team’s efforts yield benefit. Nominations for academic year 2015-2016 are accepted from November 19, 2015 to February 5, 2016.
What makes a winning team?
There are four criteria that will be used in determining the winning team, which should excel in one or more of the below areas. Results should be tangible, measurable, and verifiable.
- Operational Excellence – Significant changes, modifications, or approaches that measurably improve work productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Exceptional Service – Achieving measurable improvement in interactions with internal and external customers.
- Impact – Accomplishments that have a measurable positive impact on the entire department, school, or unit, or across parts of the University.
- Innovation – Developing an innovative process or procedure that measurably impacts the University community in a positive manner.
- Teams (ranging from 5 to 15 contributors) are comprised of administrators from multiple schools or units of the University.
- Groups who have been formed for specific purposes and worked a minimum of 6 months to achieve defined goals in a measurable way are eligible.
- All individuals on the team will be performing those duties in addition to their normal job responsibilities.
- The team must have completed its work and measurable improvements been achieved no earlier than the previous academic year (i.e., nominations for academic year 2015-2016 should be for results achieved no earlier than academic year 2014-2015).
- Administrators are eligible, however the following positions are not eligible: Dean, Vice President, members of the University Leadership Team, and teams that are involved on a sporadic or one-time basis or are providing support to the team as part of their normal job duties.
The award selection committee will review and consider nominations received for the Team Achievement Award.
To Submit a Nomination
Recognition of Winners
The recipients of the Team Achievement Award will be announced in the spring. The winning team (one maximum per academic year), including any recipients of Honorable Mention (up to two maximum per academic year), attend a special recognition event and receive a commemorative plaque. Exclusive to and shared by members of the winning team is a maximum team cash award of $25,000, with individual caps of at $3,000 per recipient, while all nominated teams receive a certificate commemorating their work and nomination. The University retains the right not to select any teams in any year if none of the nominated teams meet the criteria for the Team Achievement Award.
For More Information
Contact NYU PeopleLink at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-992-LINK (5465).