Eligibility and Criteria
Nominations for academic year 2016-2017 are accepted from January 6 to February 2, 2017. All University administrators and staff are eligible to be nominated for and receive a Violet. To determine the recipients, the Selection Committee will consider many characteristics, but the below criteria will be used extensively. Each nominee should excel in one or more of the following competencies and values:
- Integrity – Taking personal accountability to uphold ethical standards; building trusting relationships through honesty, openness, fairness, and candor; and living up to commitments
- Respect – Demonstrating a genuine appreciation for others, valuing diversity by treating everyone with high regard and consideration for their individual differences as well as maintaining the highest level of professionalism when working with others through challenging issues
- Customer Focus – Providing an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers, identifying and responding to current and future client needs
- Teamwork – Working effectively within and across departments; collaborating with others to achieve common goals; and listening and communicating in a way that respects and supports others
- Adaptability – Adjusting your own behavior to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and/or different environments
Additionally, managers who are nominated should also excel in one or more of the following areas:
- Mentoring – Encouraging employees to be their very best by providing feedback, development opportunities, positive reinforcement, and appreciation for their efforts
- Modeling – Setting a positive example by remaining calm in a crisis, encouraging and supporting collaboration and teamwork, exhibiting humility, helping others achieve success, and being honest and trustworthy
- Motivating – Inspiring commitment, providing vision, promoting and ensuring alignment with school/unit and NYU’s goals and/or values and providing coaching and performance management
To Submit a Nomination
Launch the online nomination form during the nomination period. Nominators may access the online nomination form on the campus network (recommended), or off-site securely with VPN installed and connected. Once accessed, enter the nominee's proper name (no nicknames), select that name from the dropdown list, then click Search on the upper right of the form. The minimum length of submission comments is 100 characters (there is no maximum).
Recognition of Winners
Recipients of the Give-A-Violet award will be announced during the spring semester. The 12 winners are invited to a special luncheon reception hosted by the President of NYU and receive a commemorative pin and gift.
For More Information
Contact NYU PeopleLink at email@example.com or 212-992-LINK (5465).