- Your unique NYU NetID (network identification) helps ensure that you are properly authenticated when accessing NYU's networked computer resources, including NYUHome, a customizable portal that provides access to email and many web-based services and tools.
- Activate your NetID at any time, from any Internet-connected computer, by visiting the NYU Start page at http://start.nyu.edu. Enter your NetID, which is printed on your NYUCard. (If you do not know your NetID, follow the instructions on the NYU Start page.) Next, follow the activation instructions and create your password and password hint. Activating your NetID will also automatically activate your NYUHome, NYU Email, and other services.
- You may access NYUHome from any Internet-connected computer. Go to http://home.nyu.edu and enter your activated NetID and password to login. Explore the various channels and tabs within NYUHome.
- Access your NYU email from the main page. Select Preferences to customize your NYUHome screen and email address. Your default NYU email address is in the format yourNetID@nyu.edu. However, you are encouraged to use the following "business card" format: email@example.com. You may create this alias yourself from within your NYUHome preferences.
- Once you have activated your NetID and NYUHome service, you can access a variety of services in support of your work at NYU. For detailed information, explore NYU IT webpages for employees.
- To use NYU's IT resources, you must comply with NYU and IT policies and standards. Please immediately review them at www.nyu.edu/it/policies and check periodically for updates.
- Your HR Officer or departmental administrator will provide you with a NYUCard authorization form that you must present at the NYUCard facility. See NYUCard for more information.
- Carry your NYUCard with you at all times to gain entrance to University buildings, receive discounts at the NYU Bookstores, and more.
- Check the back of your card for important numbers and other useful information, including your University ID number.
- If you misplace your card, complete a NYUCard authorization form. There is a $15.00 charge for lost or stolen cards (unless there is an NYPD incident report for a stolen card, in which case there will be no charge).
- For additional information about the NYUCard and to download the NYUCard authorization form, click here.
- Your supervisor or department head will determine the set of services most appropriate for your role and responsibilities at the University.
- NYU IT provides employees' office telephones, as well as voicemail, long distance authorization codes, mobile devices, and other services. Typically, orders are placed by your departmental administrator through your school or unit's telephone coordinator. For details, visit www.nyu.edu/it/telephone or contact the IT Service Desk.
View New Employee Orientation
For All Employees
Access orientation on NYUiLearn for a 25-minute University overview and history and a variety of offices, resources, and technology available to the employee community:
- Visit NYUHome at home.nyu.edu
- Login with your NYU NetID and password
- Click the Work tab
- Scroll to and click the NYUiLearn Login button
- Search for NHO 001 or New Hire Orientation
If you experience technical difficulty and need assistance, explore the ServiceLink knowledge base for support.