> Community Outreach > Community Services
- Free, annual oral health screenings for New Yorkers in partnership with Colgate-Palmolive and ABC7.
- Emergency dental services for 26,000 New Yorkers annually.
- Free oral health care for over 1,000 homeless children living in shelters.
- A cavity-prevention prevention program that provides children ages 2 to 11 with free fillings if they follow the program's recommendations and still get cavities.
- A special infant dental education area for parents and caregivers.
- Free orthodontic care for poor and minority public school children.
- Free perinatal education and oral health care for homeless mothers and their infants in community shelters throughout New York City.
- Low-cost dental care programs for all New York City college students and their spouses and dependents and all city high school students.
Smiling Faces, Going Places Mobile Dental Van Program
In early 2000, NYUCD launched "Smiling Faces, Going Places," the first dental facility on wheels to travel throughout
New York City and State to treat children and adults in underserved areas. It is estimated that the van program has
provided care for more than 25,000 underserved urban and rural children since it started visiting schools and centers
around New York State.
Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry
The Rosenthal Institute is wholly dedicated to fostering education, research, and patient care in aesthetic dentistry.
One of the Institute's most important features is that it enables needy patients to receive aesthetic dental procedures
at a reduced cost.