> Academic Programs > DDS Program > Advanced Placement DDS Program >> Admissions/Application Requirements
Please submit your application through the Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID). The deadline to file an application and to submit all documents will be on December 1, 2012. To create an electronic application please log on to: https://portal.caapid.org/. For more information on CAAPID please log on to: ADEA CAAPID.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL 2013 APPLICANTS:
In reviewing the application requirements for the Advanced Placement program for students applying for the class entering in 2013, the Admissions Committee has determined that New York University College of Dentistry will NO LONGER be requiring applicants to take the Dental Admissions Test (DAT), as long as you have a prior NDB1 numerical score.
The emphasis on assessing the Advanced Placement applications will be on the NDB1 (with score) or the DAT's, the ECE course by course evaluation, TOEFL, and the other previously required materials (transcripts, mark sheets, and letters of recommendations).
For applicants who have NDB1 with score and have already taken the DATs, as was previously required, please be aware that, while we will not guarantee an interview, the admissions committee will take your efforts into account in the decision making process.
For applicants who have taken the NDB1, or will take the exam as of 2012, you are still required to take the DAT (Dental Admission Test) or the Canadian DAT. For more information on this exam, please visit the following websites: American Dental Association or Canadian Dental Association.
The following documents must be sent to CAAPID:
- 3 letters of recommendation (1 from the Dean and from a Faculty member of your dental school).
- An official course-by-course credential evaluation of your transcripts by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Applicant/notarized copies of these reports are not accepted.
The following documents must be sent to NYU College of Dentistry directly:
- A Notarized copy of your Dental Degree/Diploma. Please do not submit Provisional Certificates or License Registration.
- If your Diploma is not in English, please submit a notarized copy of the translation.
Notarized copies of your Dental Mark sheets/Transcripts.
- If your Dental Mark Sheets/Transcripts are not in English, please submit a notarized copy of the translation.
The official score report for National Board Part 1 must be sent directly to us from the ADA. We do not accept the Candidate's Copy even though they are in a sealed envelope.
- We will not accept National Board exams that are more than 5 years old; they will have to be retaken.
- A copy of the DAT score report must be sent to us, since the ADA do not send official reports anymore; if the Canadian DAT is taken, please have the Canadian Dental Association send us the official score report directly to us.
- The official score report from TOEFL, must be sent to the Admissions Office directly from ETS. We do not accept the Candidate's Copy even though it is in a sealed envelope. The minimum score required is 95. The TOEFL exam can not expire before the start date of the program.
- As of this year, we will not waive the TOEFL exam; if you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact the Admissions Office.
- A non-refundable application fee of $100, made payable to NYU College of Dentistry.
- 1 color photograph (2x2 Passport size picture), this can be emailed to the Admissions Office in a .jpeg or .jpg format to email@example.com.
- If you are enrolled in a Graduate/Masters Program within the USA or Canada, please submit official transcripts directly to the Admissions Office.
- Please do not submit any additional documents such as, High School Transcripts, Certificates, and/or Publications, unless they are requested by our Admissions Office.
Please mail these documents to:
New York University College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
345 East 24th Street, 10W
New York, New York 10010-4086
Attn: AP 2013