Print buying is a major component of our offering here at Reprographics.
For projects requiring: special order stocks; four-color process, metallic, PantoneTM Matching System (PMS spot) color inks; or for projects requiring embossing, engravure, or thermographic raised printing, or full bleeds, our print buyers will take care of bidding and placing your project with the right commercial source.
In addition, our Print Buyers will:
- Manage the procurement process for printed material to ensure that the University users obtain the best quality and price in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the administrative and University requirements regarding print procurement are fulfilled.
- Develop and maintain a qualified supplier base for print and print related products, including evaluation and performance monitoring.
- Assist in developing print specifications if needed as well as in managing the production cycle for our customers.
- Educate our users on new industry developments and trends that are being implemented.
- Ensure that we as a group leverage our buying power.
Glossary of printing terms »
Purchasing Policies and Guidelines are available from NYU Purchasing Services.