About the Weekend
October 22-25, 2020
On behalf of New York University, the Center for Student Life and the Office of Alumni Relations, are pleased to invite all NYU parents, families and students to our first ever virtual weekend. With the everchanging landscape around travel and so many of our students attending classes virtually from their homes or NYU Global Academic Centers, this year's program will be virtual, with many programs recorded.
What this means is that we will be able to offer more programs and workshops over a period of days vs our traditional one-day program. You'll be able to participate as events occur or attend them when it is covenient for you.
Highlights to the weekend include:
- School and Program Updates by Deans, Faculty, and Staff
- A President's Address live with President Andy Hamilton
- Workshops on Study Away, Campus Life, Student Success, Career Development, Advising, Sample Classes, and more.
- Celebration of NYU experts with lectures and panels from faculty and alumni
- Opportunities to connect with other parents and the larger NYU community
- And an exclusive conversation with Mahershala Ali (Tisch Grad Acting '00), a two-time Academy Award-winning actor known for his roles in films such as Moonlight and Green Book.
Registration is open to students and family members. Individual registrations are required if using separate devices to participate. After registering, look for a follow-up email invitation for completing the registration profile and log-in to the unique Alumni and Parents Weekend website.