Operational Changes at NYU After Hurricane Sandy
- The University made it possible for administrators and staff to take paid leaves-of-absence for a total of up to 15 work days during the 2013 calendar year to volunteer with organizations addressing the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
- The NYU Division of Operations published a report to NYU’s Washington Square campus community focusing on three aspects of NYU's preparation and response to Hurricane Sandy:
- It documents the experiences of the NYU community during and after the hurricane.
- It assesses how the University prepared, responded, and recovered in the days following the storm.
- It identifies explicit improvements and outlines the actions we are taking to improve our preparation and response for future emergencies.
- The Superstorm Research Lab also published an analysis of NYU’s response after Sandy.
A sign tacked up inside of a Rockaway distribution center urges those in need to remember the needs of others as they help themselves to supplies.