In 2012, NYU completed a renovation of this historic streetscape and converted several of its properties from residential to academic use. The next step is a restoration of the building façades of Mews buildings 3-6, 9-12, and 46-64.
Information for Neighbors
- The project is scheduled to start in early April, 2013 and end in the Fall.
- Façade restoration will occur in 8-week stages:
- First, along the north side of the Mews, at buildings 62, 60, 58, 56, 54, 52, 50, 48, and 46.
- Second, along the south side, at buildings 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- Each section's work will involve the erection of a scaffolding and building abatement.
Scope of Work
- Parking: Mews residents will be unable to park on the side of the street where construction is taking place. While the north side is under restoration, parking will be unavailable there; while the south side is under restoration, parking will be unavailable there as well. During asbestos abatement, emergency egress regulations may require the temporary closure of additional parking spaces, and some residents will need to park elsewhere.
- Noise and dust: The various tools, including saws and hammers, will be used for facade restoration, which will create some noise and dust. A dust mitigation plan will be in place during this time. As a precautionary note, all windows will need to be covered during the abatement period.
Construction Update, April 26, 2014
Exterior finishing has been completed on the Mews' southern facades and on 52 Mews. Window cleaning is scheduled for the week of April 28.
Construction Update, April 1, 2014
Exterior finishing on the southern facades as well as 52 Mews -- including painting, patching, and minor repairs -- is scheduled to begin the week of March 31st and continue for approximately 2 weeks.
Construction Update, December 20, 2013
Work has been completed for numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6. Construction at number 12 has been rescheduled rescheduled for completion in February 2014.
Construction Update, December 10, 2013
Repairs for numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6 are scheduled for completion in mid December. Construction at number 12 has been delayed; weather permitting, it will be rescheduled for completion in February 2014.
Construction Update, September 25, 2013
Restoration has been completed for all northern side facades. Work on the southern side of the street has commenced, meaning that Mews residents will be unable to park on the south side of the street until restoration is complete.
Construction Update, July 19, 2013: Scheduling Update
Renovation of the northern façades of numbers 62, 60, and 58 are scheduled to be complete by mid to late August. Facade restoration on the southern side of the street is expected to commence in September.
Construction Update, June 21, 2013: Scheduling Update
Renovation of northern facades has encountered delays due to existing building field conditions. Facade restoration on the southern side of the street is expected to commence in early September.
Construction Update, February 13, 2013: Materials Deliveries
The project timeline and hours have been finalized.