NYU is scheduled to begin a sidewalk repair project on select areas of the eastern side of LaGuardia Place between West 3rd and Bleecker Streets to correct outstanding sidewalk violations issued by the New York City Department of Transportation.
Information for Neighbors
- Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- In instances where additional night or weekend work is required, community members will be given advanced notice.
- The project is scheduled to begin in March 2014 and continue through April.
- All work is weather dependent.
Scope of Work
- The project will repair cracks and uneven sidewalks and asphalt both in front of the retail spaces and on select areas of the sidewalk and curbs closest to the street.
- Work on sidewalks and curbs will involve intermittent jack hammering.
- A concrete truck will be required to facilitate pouring. During this period of approximately 24 hours, no parking will be permitted in front of the worksite (the green highlighted space in the accompanying picture).
- Two days of minor patch and grind work and approximately one week of intermittent jack hammering are required for the asphalt area in front of the retail strip. New asphalt pouring will involve the use of non-motorized machines or wheelbarrows.
- All work is authorized by the Department of Transportation.
Construction Update, April 24
Work is complete.
Construction Update, April 4
Work has commenced on LaGuardia Place for select areas of the sidewalk and curbs closest to the street.
Construction Update, March 24
Tentative construction details have been established.