Selected concrete flags and steel curbing along Washington Place and Washington Square West will be removed and replaced.
Information for Neighbors
- The project will begin on or around June 24, and is scheduled to be completed by the third week of July, 2013.
- Work will begin along the building's Washington Place. After completing the Washington Place restoration, contractors will begin working on Washington Square West.
- Neighbors can expect periodic jack hammering on Washington Place during the week of 6/24, and 1-2 days of jack hammering early in the week of 7/1 on Washington Square West.
- The project is expected to be completed with sidewalks completely restored by the third week of July.
Scope of Work
- Sidewalk demolition will involve the use of jackhammers. Neighbors can expect periodic jack hammering on Washington Place during the week of 6/24, and 1-2 days of jack hammering early in the week of 7/1 on Washington Square West.
- Demolition will be followed by the installation of structural curbing and then pouring of concrete sidewalk. The structural installation and concrete pouring should not create excessive noise or disturbance, but will be visible to neighbors.
- Vehicles parking along the curbs of Washington Place and Washington Square West will be disrupted during concrete pours. Notification will be posted and barriers will be placed along the street in areas of the work.
- Pedestrian traffic will be diverted around the work site.
Updates and Announcements
Construction Update, September 20, 2013: Project Update
Sidewalk repairs around the perimeter of 33 Washington Square West are now complete.
Construction Update, August 7, 2013: Curb Work
The granite curbing and sidewalk flags required by the Landmarks Preservation Commission have arrived.
Curb and sidewalk demolition will take one day to complete, and be followed by the replacement of the curbing and 8 of the 22 sidewalk flags adjacent to the curb on Washington Square West. Work will take approximately 3 days to complete.
Construction Update, June 24, 2013: Tentative Project Details Established
Details for the sidewalk repair at 33 Washington Square West have been established, including work hours, the project timeline, and the scope of work.