The Barney building, home to the Department of Art and Art Professions, will be undergoing renovations during the summer months, including upgrades to the Einstein Auditorium and on the 3rd and 5th floors.
Information for Neighbors
- The project is expected to begin the week of June 17th and scheduled for completion by September 2013.
- During the week of June 17th crews will begin removing debris for upgrades to Einstein Auditorium.
- In early July crews will start to remove debris for renovations to the 3rd and 5th floors.
Scope of Work
- The majority of the work will be interior, with construction related noise coming mostly from debris removal and periodic materials deliveries.
- There will be occasional use of a packer truck to grind debris on site for removal.
- Deliveries for this project will primarily make use of 9th street, with intermittent use of the ramp on Stuyvesant Street.
Construction Update, September 14, 2013: Project Update
Renovations to the Barney Building are now complete.
Construction Update, July 19, 2013: Project Update
Renovations continue in the Einstein Auditorium, and work on the 3rd and 5th floors has begun. Debris removals and material deliveries for the Einstein Auditorium upgrades will primarily continue to make use of 9th Street, with intermittent use of the ramp on Stuyvesant Street. There will be occasional use of a packer truck to grind debris on site for removal.
Construction Update, June 25, 2013: Project Description Finalized
The project description has been finalized, and work has begun.