In accordance with directives from the NYC Landmarks Preservation Committe, NYU is repairing cornices and replacing wooden soffits along the north and west sides of 19 Washington Square North.
Information for Neighbors
- Work is expected to begin in March, 2013, with completion scheduled by the end of summer.
- The 6-8 week project timeline is weather dependent.
Scope of Work
- Workers will repair buildings cornice borders on the north and west side the building, and will conduct additional minor facade work.
- A scaffold will be installed at the front and back of 19 Washington Square North.
- Railings on the steps and fence will be renovated.
- Due to the nature of the work, noise levels are expected to be minimal, and will include normal construction sounds (nail guns, hammers, etc).
- As with any type of construction activity, noise on the streetscape may be audible from adjacent and neighboring buildings.
Construction Update, September 13, 2013: Construction Update
Work is complete.
Construction Update, July 19, 2013: Construction Update
Work is nearing completion. The rear scaffolding is expected to come down during the week of July 29th. The front scaffolding has been removed and minor work on the railing and steps is scheduled for completion the week of July 29th.
Construction Update, June 21, 2013: Construction Update
Workers have progressed to cornice renovation.
Construction Update, May 29, 2013: Scope of Work Updated
Work has commenced.