New York University will be renovating the ground floor of 7 Washington Place to create a new command center for the Department of Public Safety a new center for the Office of Card Services.
Information for Neighbors
- This project will begin in December 2013 and is scheduled for completion in March 2014.
- Internal demolition and debris removal are scheduled to take place between December and January.
- Rooftop air condensing equipment will be installed in 2014.
- Work is expected for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- The site will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Scope of Work
- All renovations work is interior.
- During demolition work, contractors will bring debris to curbside trucks.
- To minimize impact to the community, contractors will use the building's Mercer Street entryway whenever possible. Deliveries of larger materials may require use of the Washington Place entrance.
- In early 2014, new air condensing equipment will be installed on the building's roof. All new equipment will comply with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection noise code.
Construction Update, March 5, 2014
The project has been completed.
Construction Update, January 26, 2013
Interior demolition is complete. Electrical work will continue for several weeks. The project is scheduled for completion before summer.
Construction Update, December 12, 2013
Minor interior demolition, including debris removal and the use of a packer truck, will take place the week of December 16 for approximately five working days.
Construction Update, November 25, 2013
The project timeline and hours have been finalized.