The NYU Community Fund is a workplace charitable giving program in which NYU faculty, staff, and administrators contribute direct financial support to local nonprofit organizations working in one of five target areas: arts cultural enrichment, at-risk youth services, homelessness and hunger prevention, education and literacy, and low-income health services. Grants are managed by the NYU Office of Civic Engagement, which is part of Community Engagement at NYU.
Your support matters.
Here are some of the ways that your contributions will change lives, with examples from past Community Fund recipients.
Additionally, you may dedicate your donation to a colleague or friend. We will send a card acknowledging your gift to the person you’re honoring, or forward it to you to deliver personally. For more information on how to simplify your gift giving while doing good at the same time, please email Bill Pfeiffer.
Fast Facts on Funding
Since the Community Fund's inception in 1982, NYU employees have contributed over $2.7 million to thousands of local nonprofits, supporting organizations that improve the health and well-being of New York City.
- Grants range between $1,000 and $2,500
- Close to $100,000 was raised and 87 grants distributed in 2014
- Nearly $2,700,000 has been raised and 1600 grants distributed since the Fund's inception in 1982
- 100% of every dollar goes directly to community organizations: all administrative costs are absorbed by NYU.
Projects have included
- At-risk youth programs
- Homelessness prevention
- Feeding the hungry
- Literacy programs
- Low-income health services
- Building economic independence
- Supportive services for the elderly, the visually impaired, and people living with health problems
Contact Civic Engagement
The Office of Civic Engagement (OCE), part of Community Engagement at NYU, coordinates student service employment programs, facilitates support for nonprofit organizations, and collects information on NYU’s service outreach in NYC.
25 W 4th Street Room 501, New York, NY 10012
212-998-2091 | firstname.lastname@example.org