New York University and Kimmel Operations do not assume liability for articles that are lost, stolen, or misplaced on University property.
Access to the Kimmel Center and the Global Center
New York University students, faculty, staff and alumni, conference participants, and those attending scheduled events have access to the Kimmel Center. In addition, visitors who are guests of NYU students, faculty and staff have access to the Center.
- Access to the Kimmel Center is granted with a valid NYU ID card that is swiped through the turnstiles or presented to Kimmel Operations Staff or NYU Public Safety. Alumni must present a valid NYU Alumni card or a Coles Alumni Card along with a valid government-issued photo ID.
General Guest Policy
- NYU faculty, staff, and students with valid NYU ID cards may host up to two non-NYU guests in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center.
- Guests must be accompanied by their NYU host at all times, present a valid government-issued photo ID, and sign the guest register at the NYU Public Safety desk before entering the building.
- NYU hosts are responsible for the actions of their guests at all times during their visit to the Kimmel Center.
Event & Conference Access
- For ticketed events, non-NYU guests may enter the Kimmel Center or the Global Center by displaying their ticket or by registering at the registration desk.
- For non-ticketed events, non-NYU guests may enter the Kimmel Center or the Global Center by registering at the registration desk or by signing in with the NYU Public Safety desk.
- All guests must present a valid government-issued photo ID to NYU Public Safety upon entering the building.
- Arts, entertainment, and major academic events must be ticketed through the NYU Ticket Central. Tickets must specify that a valid government-issued photo ID accompany the ticket for admission.
- Conference participants will be asked to present a valid government-issued photo ID at the time of registration. Participants will be provided with conference badges that must be worn at all times while in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center.
- The Kimmel Center is an ADA-compliant facility and, in keeping with University policy, is committed to serving the needs of those with disabilities.
- All organizations must adhere to Federal, State and City laws and the policies of New York University and the Kimmel Center.
Use of Facilities
All facilities at New York University are governed by the Guidelines for the Use of University Facilities, the policies of New York University, the Kimmel Center and the Global Center (the Policies), and the laws of New York City, New York State, and the Federal Government of the United States.
- Use of the Kimmel Center and the Global Center is limited to University faculty, students, and staff, University-affiliated Organizations and their guests, and Non-University Organizations as approved on a case-by-case basis.
Event spaces in the Kimmel Center and the Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life are intended for University events and events sponsored by University community members, organizations, programs, and offices.
External requests to NYU through the academic year need to be affiliated or sponsored by NYU departments and/or faculty.
External requests during the non-academic year will be accommodated based on the academic mission of the programming.
Space requests for alumni hosting private social events (weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc) will also be considered. An active alumni card is required and availability is limited to non-peak academic periods (weekends during January and June through early August.) Please complete the inquiry form for more information.
All non-NYU social and corporate events require a signed contract and a deposit of 50% of proposed invoice to hold the date. The deposit will be applied in full toward the total event costs. Second, a certificate of insurance for the special event is required 30 days prior to your event. Once a deposit has been made with a signed contract an events coordinator will reach out to ensure logistics, catering, and media are finalized. All events must be confirmed and full payment made no later than 10 days prior to the event date.
- Approved Non-University Organizations holding events in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center must provide comprehensive liability insurance for events.
- The Non-University Organization’s event liability insurance must name “New York University” as an additional policyholder.
- Insurance coverage amounts must be at least 2,000,000 USD for each occurrence and 2,000,000 USD in general aggregate.
- All 3rd party vendors and subcontractors accessing the Kimmel or Global Centers must provide a certificate of insurance in the amounts of $2m per occurrence and $2m general aggregate, naming New York University as the additional policy holder.
- All insurance certificates are due no later than 30 days prior to the event date.
Canceling A Reservation
- Cancellations for Eisner & Lubin Auditorium, the Rosenthal Pavilion, the Grand Hall, Colloquium Room or C95 must be made in writing at least sixty (60) days prior to the event. Cancellations of any other spaces in the Kimmel or Global Center must be made in writing thirty (30) days prior to the event. If notice of cancellation is not received by the proper deadline, the organization will be charged 50% of the space fees incurred plus any expenses (catering, media technician, CBS, Public Safety) already expended by NYU in preparation for the event.
- In the event that no cancellation notice is received, the Organization will be charged 100% of the space fees incurred plus any expenses already expended by NYU in preparation for the event.
- Kimmel Operations reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel any reservation at any time for any reason without prior notice. Every effort will be made to locate an alternate space, but such alternate space is not guaranteed.
Additional charges (in addition to room charges):
Early Opening: (Summer/JTerm weekdays)
$200 per hour (per floor) for events starting earlier than our building hours:
9am Monday through Friday
Late Closing: (Summer/JTerm weekdays)
$200 per hour (per floor) for events ending later than our building hours
8pm Monday through Friday
Specialty Opening: (Weekends Summer/JTerm)
$1,000 for the first 4 hours when building in not open for business
$200 per additional hour after 4-hour limit.
Specialty opening fees are charged in addition to room fees. Early opening and late closings do not apply weekends during the summer and January break.
Usage of Space
- No event sponsor or Organization may transfer a Reservation to another organization, nor may space reserved for an approved program be used for another purpose. Such violations of the Policies may result in the loss of current and future Reservations, the loss of reservation privileges in the Kimmel Center and the Global Center, as well as an assessment of fees.
- Organizations are responsible for all room usage fees, Kimmel Media Services fees, and any other fees associated with the reservation of space in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center and the services rendered therein.
- All Reservations must be conducted in the manner stipulated in the contract. No changes or additions can be made in this contract unless confirmed in writing with Kimmel Operations before the start of the Reservation in question.
- Animals are not permitted in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center unless licensed and assisting a disabled person.
- No outside vendors are permitted in public spaces in the Kimmel Center; vendors are permitted only in spaces reserved by Organizations.
- There is no smoking in the Kimmel Center nor the Global Center at any time. This includes the outdoor terraces and is in accordance with NYC law.
- Skateboards, skates, and cycles are not permitted in the building. There is a Bike Room for storage of such located in the lobby of the Global Center.
- All event sponsors wishing to have deliveries made to the Kimmel Center or the Global Center must coordinate such through Kimmel Operations. Neither the Kimmel Center nor the Global Center will accept deliveries that have not been arranged in advance.
- Parking arrangements must be made by the Organization in advance of the Reservation. Parking is not available at the Kimmel Center or the Global Center.
- All equipment and supplies furnished by the Organization must be removed promptly at the end of the Reservation. The University and Kimmel Operations assume no responsibility for damage to or loss of equipment, materials, or supplies left in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center.
- All videos, films, DVDs, and otherwise copyrightable material to be viewed or distributed in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center must be obtained from an authorized distributor in accordance with applicable United States copyright laws.
- All organizations inviting a guest speaker must identify that speaker in advance to Kimmel Operations in accordance with the University Guidelines Regarding Protest and Dissent. If there are potential security or other public safety issues, a meeting with Public Safety officials may be arranged.
- Kimmel Operations must approve any media or press coming to cover an event in advance of the Reservation.
- All photography in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center must be approved in advance by Kimmel Operations. Filming and videography are not allowed in the Kimmel Center or the Global Center unless as a part of a scheduled program and approved by Kimmel Operations. If filming or videography is to take place, public notice must be given to all attendees of the event.
- Event organizers may be asked to attend a public safety briefing if the program falls under the Guidelines Regarding Protest and Dissent or if there are any potential crowding or safety issues.
- No banners, posters, or other hangings are allowed on the walls or hallways of the Kimmel Center or the Global Center, nor on the exterior of the building unless otherwise authorized by Kimmel Operations.
- Balloons filled with helium, confetti, and silly string are prohibited—always.
- Solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Open flames of any kind are strictly prohibited.